Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My daughter has a sty on her eye, what to do?

Posted by   + Show Post
My 7 year old has a sty (stye) on the top eyelid of her left eye. It was present for about 4 days and all the while I put breastmilk in her eye. It went away for like a day or two and came back in the same spot. She has not complained about pain, blurred vision, or anything. It is not crusty nor is it red or seem to cause her any discomfort. What should I do since it has reoccurred? Take her to the hospital, pediatrician, or leave it alone?

I don't want to sit at the hospital for hours with her for them to say let it drain or go away on its own but I do not want to go to the pediatrician for them to send me to the hospital. I could go to the MD Now Urgent Care clinic to see. Any advice?
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (21-23):
dusky_rose
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Warm compresses help them come to a point and drain.

Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
there's also some over the counter medicine for styes. We had a tube around here for awhile. It worked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My daughter has this too (bottom left eye)- I spoke to two pharmacists and 2 pharmaceutical workers yesterday.

Collectively: They said that if it persists more than 5 days, I should take her to her pediatrican.   I also receive home remedies: A warm (as warm as comfortable) tea bag placed on the eye for 5 minutes at a time, and also the juice from a sliced raw potato (I'm not trying this tho).

Lastnight I did the tea bag twice and this morning I saw a noticeable difference.  *keeping my fingers crossed for you*

Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN