Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANYONE ELSE PARANOID????

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone else get paranoid/worried when your child comes home and says that his classmate vomitted in class today. My son came home today and told me the boy sitting next to him vomitted today. Of course, my germaphobic mind goes to working. I wish I wasn't like that, but I am so paranoid that my son will constantly get sick. Is it just me? My son calls me "Germaphobic Mom". I realize "it is what it is". These things cannot be prevented, because I am sure the boy was not sick this morning. My son said it happened right before they went home. Am I the only one who freaks out?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I don't but I'm also pretty laid back.  I have to be with my husband being in the medical field and me working in a hotel.  We both get the wonderful chance to come into contact with so much its kinda gross.  We just keep up with washing hands and keeping a clean home and vehicles.

Have you ever seen the movie Contagion?  If you haven't, DON'T  LoL  It had my germaphobe friend freaking out for weeks!

batjmom
by Sarah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Lol... You sound like me. That's my first thought .. Oh no don't get sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

IDK. My 5 year old son didn't get sick a lot until I sent him to school. Not much you can do, other than encourage lots of hand washing.

Charizma77
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It crosses my mind but I don't get paranoid. 

mhmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Ya I try bit to worry about that stuff. Kids get sick. I believe that my kids have a good immune system. I'm not a germaphobe there are such things are good germs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Hey I gotta tell ya, after these last two weeks a am a true believer in sambucus - or elderberry syrup.  Its been tested for regular influenza with the fever, sore throat and body aches and found to be as effective as tamiflu at shortening the duration of the flu by inhibiting virus replication  Two weeks ago, my 6yr old spiked a fever of 103 and started puking his brains out - norovirus symptoms.  Then the diarreha started.  I figured I had nothing to lose by trying elderberry.  I took it 4x a day everday.  My 6 yr old was sick for 7 days (no elderberry), my 4 yr old took elderberry after he puked the first time and then 4x a day after that and was only sick 2 days.  I took elderberry from the first night the first kid got sick.  I offered it to my husband and he said he wasn't taking "voodoo medicine".  Two days after caring for a sick kid while I went shopping, he got sick and was sick for a full 7 days.  My dad caught it from my kids (no elderberry) was sick for 7 days.  My mom took elderberry as soon as my dad started puking and didn't get it either.  Long story short... run - don't walk - to the nearest pharmacy and pick up some elderberry syrup.  These stomach bugs going around are HORRIBLE.  Fear and germaphobia is a good thing in this case! Good speed!  =)

Bob192
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM

That is my first thought to, but then I think it could just as easily be my kid....

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I would probably be concerned if the kid sitting next to mine puked, but as you said, "these things cannot be prevented."  Just do the best you can to keep your family healthy, and that's all you can do.

Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Sometimes! Or when I see a kid in my son's preschool class with a green boogered runny nose...

ick, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)