Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Kids bad habits

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 30 Replies
Do your kids have bad habits that drive you insane? What do you do to try and nip them in the bud?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM

She is always trying to chew her nails.  That drives me nuts so i try to keep her hands busy with books or crafts so her mind isnt on it.

mhmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Yes my ds does too. But he does it when I'm not around. Hmm I am a biter once in a blue moon. In fact I just bit two nails. Not sure why. But I do tend to have long nails

Quoting frndlyfn:

She is always trying to chew her nails.  That drives me nuts so i try to keep her hands busy with books or crafts so her mind isnt on it.

mhmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My dd is a nose picker. Drives me insane. But she only does it in private. Like she doesn't do it in front of people
Bob192
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My daughter picks her lips. I try to make sure she always has chapstick with her.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM
My baby grind his teeth bad but hes only 14 months old.my oldest son no.
busymom64064
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Picking his nose. When I tell him to get his finger out of his nose, he looks at me out of the corner of his eye and sticks his finger in his mouth. Talk about **GAG**

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Our 11 year old always has her hands all over her face.  In her mouth, in her ears, all over...

printerr
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

He had gotten into the bad habit of chewing on (and stretching out) his sleeves on his long sleeve shirts.  We nipped it in the bud by having him wear short sleeves to school for a few days.  He hasn't done it since.  Yay!

TerriC
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

My youngest DD I have to remind her constantly to wash her hands after using the bathroom.  If I didn't make her do it, she never would.  Eeeewwww!

mhmomma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That's a good idea

Quoting Bob192:

My daughter picks her lips. I try to make sure she always has chapstick with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)