Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Baby Food Question (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

My LO is 15 months old and no longer drinks breastmilk.  She eats solids but not as much as I would like her to.  I give her fruits and chucks of food which she eats with no problem and she is not very picky (good thing).  I still feed her baby food, at least one jar a day because I worry about her getting enough good nutrition.  So how long did you give baby/jar food and what age did you stop completely and rely soley on solids?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I think my girls were about a year and half, maybe a little older when I stopped baby food all together.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

We started purees around 6 months, and started phasing in chunky foods around 9 months. I think we were done with purees completely by around 18 months maybe?

mckinneymom918
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:12 AM
My older kids were about 10-12 months when they started just eating what we ate. The baby is 6 months and we're skipping purees this time. I've tried them several times, and she hates the consistency, but eats banana and egg and avocado bits just fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My kids were all eating pretty much the same thing as the rest of us by the time they were about 14 months old.

Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

i dropped the baby food right around 12 months. I don't remember when but I do remember his dr saying that he should be on normal food by a year so i used that as a guideline.

Vertical15
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Right around 1 year but I pureed what we ate or other fruits and veggies when what we were having wasn't baby friendly.  If she can chew the food ok then start giving her what you are eating just in smaller pieces and portions.

PrincessZ20
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We skipped purees completely with my second and just did baby led solids - gave him little pieces of what we were eating, or steamed vegetables, etc. 

If she has a healthy appetite and gets a good variety of foods, then she should be good to go! 

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:26 AM

i think abou t18 monhts or so?

egyptian_mommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
We did baby led solids with our second and third. Our oldest had purees up until age one. At 15 months most kids don't eat a huge amount. Their tummies are still pretty small plus they're much more interested in toddling around exploring the world and playing. How's her weight? Is she still following her growth curve?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Jarred food is never needed, and much less nutritious. She should feed herself as much as she wants . You are only responsible for putting it on her tray. Remember, she will never again grow as fast as she did the first year. Five small meals per day is a good rule of thumb. Kellymom.com has an excellent article on solids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN