Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

14 month old... Vegan?

Posted by   + Show Post
When I thought I had a wonderful time getting my little girl to eat, she changed her mind.

She's now lactose intolerant and refuses to touch anything meat. She's blowing out of diapers with liquid yuck.

Do any vegan mommas know what to feed their babies? Even if I have to puree some legumes and hide them in her pancake and waffle batter. She has become the pickiest eater ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Replies (11-16):
karamille
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Are the liquid yuck diapers only when she gets lactose or other times too?  

coreilly89
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Lactose. She even had to use spit up formula. I thought it was gerd but it hasn't gone away.

Quoting karamille:

Are the liquid yuck diapers only when she gets lactose or other times too?  

Mom2jngnc
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I know all of my kids went through a phase where certain foods just wouldn't go in, then all of a sudden one day they couldn't get enough of them. 

I know the Endocrinologist my 10 yr old saw to rule out growth issues at 6. 

She asked a TON of diet related questions on thing I said that she complimented me on (mind set wise) was that I didn't worry about the daily intake, as long as at the end of a week it looked like a *proper* food pyramid. Meaning some days he would be a carb junkie (crackers, bread, rice, pasta, potato), and other days everything was fruit/veggie, etc... She told me that was more of a "toddler habit" but she had wished more parents would look at the "big" picture rather than the daily.

So I take that to be, keep an eye on it. Still offer her small portions of what you cooked for dinner, and don't maek a big deal about it.

If she's 14 montsh now, she should ahve a 15 month Well Child exam around the corner so I would mention it then if you are still concerned. 

jive10
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM

BUMP!

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM

i would say at 14 months old you really just have to keep giving it to them..i think they say what..14 times for each food or something crazy high?  it took my kids till age 4 and 5 to eat brocolli LOL..but they eat it now!

Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I hope that you can find some ideas that work for y'all. There's lots of great ideas here for sure!

Good Luck :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)