Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Daughter Itchy Down There..

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 23 Replies
My daughter has been itchy in her private area for a few months already and I'm scared that what if she has a yeast infection but is that even something lil girls can get. I took her to the doctors awhile ago and all they said was to sit her in a warm bath and it would go away, well it hasn't. Has anyone ever experienced this??
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I would take her back for maybe a blood test or something.   Many children get yeast infections both genders. Does she say whether there is pain or is there discharge?  You can try applying a benedryl cream to the outside.  

hismrsramirez86
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM
She doesn't say that it hurts and there is no discharge she just says its itchy and sometimes when she goes to urinate she says it burns
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

My pediatrician suggested that I switch from baths to showers when I was 3 or 4, and it cut down a lot on urinary tract infections.  Make sure she is getting thoroughly clean, and maybe check what kind of soap you are using?  Do you use a bubble bath? 

new_mom808
by Andrea on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Put her on a probiotic to see if that helps.

mhmomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My dd had the same issue and we were told no more baths. Said little girls tend to get soap and such stuck and that's the itch. It has been better since we stopped. Oh and make sure you shower enough. 

mrswillie
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Take her to the doctor.

copperked
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM
She could have sensitive skin. Have you tried making sure her clothes are washed and dried with unscented detergents and softener and that her soap is unscented and undyed? It took years for my doctor to figure out that I had sensitive skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hismrsramirez86
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM
What is a good soap to use for this kind of situation?? She rarely takes baths I prefer her to take showers but once in awhile I'll let her take a bath cuz she wants to play in it but will letting all that soapand dirt just sit there cause her to itch as well
hismrsramirez86
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Hmm never thought that maybe the detergent could have a cause to this ill have to make a switch to c if that helps
copperked
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM
When I was a kid, my mom used Dreft for all my laundry but now you can probably use anything that is "Free and Clear." I had to use Olay Sensitive Skin barsoap, although you can try Ivory or Dove unscented soaps, too, or Johnson &Johnson unscented baby wash if you prefer to use body wash with her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)