Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What type of soap do you use for kiddos in the shower? Bar, shower wash....

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 50 Replies

In switching from baths to showers, I am interested in a good soap to use for the kids.  I am going to try the baking soda water mix for their hair, I read it does not sting eyes and I just want to see how that goes (switching to that myself!).  Please share any suggestions, thank you!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

It depends on the sale.  I try to keep things natural but I'm all about a bargain so right now the kids are using a shampoo/body wash combined.  Pretty sure its Suave brand.  I like the combined stuff because they are all boys who have short hair so I don't need to worry about too many products, yet.

MsRkg
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

My son uses lever 2000 soap and steals his dad's molton brown black-pepper body wash all the time, much to his annoyance and our confusion lol.

TerriC
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
We use body wash. Bar soap kind of grosses me out. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I use a TTO bar soap.
DS uses either California Baby, or his dad's Bath and Body Works "Man Soap" (body wash).

egyptian_mommy
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Dd has I believe it's California Baby body wash for her eczema and her daddy bought her some kind of Elmo shampoo. My four year old loves the Suave Naturals Lavender shampoo. He loves lavender and uses it as a body wash too. My oldest likes the Suave combo in either apple, mango or Surfs Up.
stayathome510
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Haha, thats funny!

Quoting MsRkg:

My son uses lever 2000 soap and steals his dad's molton brown black-pepper body wash all the time, much to his annoyance and our confusion lol.

stayathome510
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Thanks, I will check out this California Baby stuff!  Thanks for all the ideas from all!

MsRkg
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Yes he's almost 9. We're always asking him " who are you trying to smell special for?", because its a seriously addicting scent for guys but he's so young for it, it doesn't make sense to us. Lol he just shrugs and never really gives us an answer.

Quoting stayathome510:

Haha, thats funny!

Quoting MsRkg:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM
We use the body wash for us n the baby one for Jacob 14 months.
Mom2jngnc
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

My 5&6 yr old use whatever Suave body/hair combo I buy. One likes coconut (because it has a monkey on it) and the other apple, so I alternate between teh two. 

My 10 yr old, 13 yr old and 17 yr old all use Axe (and actually my 30 yr old brother too).... again scent varies between what the 3 like. My shower shelves etc are not big enough for "product" for the 6 people that use that shower. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN