Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My son is 2.

I'm aware that he needs flouride in his diet, but I've read that too much flouride can be a bad thing?

My concern is: I still give him nursery water that contains flouride (because our tap water doesnt) and he has always taken a daily multi vitamin perscribed by his peditrician (he's a picky eater) but recently when I had the script filled this last time the pharmacy gave me a different multivitamin. It's the same name brand and basically the same thing he has been taking but this one says with flouride. I compared the ingredients and the old vitamin has no flouride while the new one has 0.25 mg per dose.

He has not started this new vitamin yet.. should I contact his pediatrician or do you think it's no big deal?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-11):
LostTheSlipper
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

We do not take Flouride internally--it's a poison. Also, have they done bloodwork to be sure he really needs the vitamins, or do they just automatically prescribe them?

Wow someone else who actually thinks this is not a great idea as well. For a minute there I thought I was only one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)