Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My 10 ten year old son is overweight

Posted by   + Show Post
My ten year old son is overweighted. My son has a learning disability also
Last year I forces him to play football .The reason I did that because I wanted him to lose weight.This year I want him to play again but he don't want to play. I am exercising with him at home an cooking healthier meals. If anyone has any helpful weight loss ideas for me to help with my son weight loss. Please share them.
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Replies (11-13):
mom4awesomekids
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Exericse.....eat healthier.

Karen2313
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It's so different now than what it was when I was growing up. We didn't have all this technology. My boys are also really bad about wanting to stay in and play with their playstation games. We were always outside playing in our neighborhood with our friends. Biking,  Sports, tag, Hide n seek. Just running around. Maybe he can find a sport he really likes. I try to serve their dinners with lots of vegetables. I do make them go outside on nice days and get some exercise.

karamille
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We cut out sugary drinks as a family.  Only water.  We all lost weight.  :)  That way I wasn't singling him out and giving him a complex or making him feel ashamed.  This was a family problem, not a Max problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)