Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

5 year old son says cant breath well.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son is 5 will be 6 in july, today he complained he couldn't breath too well but showed no signs of that other than a few deep breaths. Then he seemed to forget about it as i kept my eye on him still seemed perfectly fine. Then tonight at bed time he told me he felt like that again i checked him out but no other sign of it. He's now asleep and breathing just fine. Any ideas what this could be? Is it maybe an attention thing? He doesn't have any health problems and he's physically fit. Is this something i should take him to the dr for if he continues to feel this way tmrw? Please no mean post :)
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM

What did you do to check him out?   It could be allergies or a start of a respiratory thing.  I would take him in just to make sure nothing more is going on.

DomsMom8207
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I took a cpr first aid class so i learned how to tell if theres a breathing problem in kids so i got my book out and went thru the checklist. He had no symptoms n his pulse was fine. Ik he does have ticks slot then moves on to another tick so i just wasnt sure but yeah ill take him tmrw. Thank u
PrincessZ20
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

If it keeps up, then I'd call the doctor just to be on the safe side....but if it was just going on for a day or two, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

I know that I sometimes get like that with no other symptoms and it'll last a couple of days, then go away. 

RyansMommie07
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

id take him to the dr just to be safe

DomsMom8207
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thank u all for ur advice, today he isnt doing it but im kping an eye on him until his appt monday. Appreciate all the advice.
new_mom808
by Andrea on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Is he breating through his nose or mouth?
He could be congested or have dry sinuses, which would make it difficult to breath.

karamille
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My asthma first presented with me occasionally feeling short of breath.  A few deep breaths and that sensation would go away.  I thought I had been talking to much/fast.  Not too long after that it turned into asthma I only had when I was sick or when pollen was high.  

Any chance he is feeling nervous or anxious about something?

DomsMom8207
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
He does have bad allergies n ik in summer time my chest gets weezy and i hv shortness of breath. So maybe hes got an allergy like that. Either way he has an appt with his dr tmrw. But all wkend hes been just fine.

Quoting new_mom808:

Is he breating through his nose or mouth?
He could be congested or have dry sinuses, which would make it difficult to breath.

DomsMom8207
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Hes a bit of a worrier unfortunately he might hv gotten that from me bcuz i have anxiety n worry way to much. I dont let on to him how im feeling though. But i was kindof thinking the same thing cuz its just too familiar with me. Hopefully i get an answer tmrw.

Quoting karamille:

My asthma first presented with me occasionally feeling short of breath.  A few deep breaths and that sensation would go away.  I thought I had been talking to much/fast.  Not too long after that it turned into asthma I only had when I was sick or when pollen was high.  

Any chance he is feeling nervous or anxious about something?

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM

It may be just an attention thing, but if you have any concerns, it wouldn't hurt to have a checkup. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)