Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

bathroom issues (too much info?) is this normal?

Posted by   + Show Post
how many times does your child go?
my dd is an active, healthy 4 yr old. a bit on the tall side, average weight. no medical issues. but she only uses the bathroom once a day--and can be in there for 30 minutes.
I've tried to get her to sit on the john in the morning when she awakens, bury short of trying her down nothing.
today is a typical day. she was on the commode @ 8:20 to 8:45 last night and here it is 11am and she has yet to use it again. she has swimming so i know that the 1/2 mile walk to the school plus the 45 minute session will have her ready to use it afterwards and she might use it again before bed. but swimming is once a week.
she drinks 16oz of water during the day, does nite eat proceased foods, does not complain of anything but "being itchy" in her groin area. The doctor has found no infections or rashes. nor are her pants too tight.
she does not wet herself or have accidents.
is this normal?
i grew up with a bathroom schedule, so im not sure what is normal anymore.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Replies (11-13):
bmw29
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That sounds fairly normal to me. Everyone has their own normal in that area but it can't hurt her to take a fiber supplement. Pretty much everyone could use more fiber. They have gummy fiber supplements if she likes those and if not then ds takes a powder that mixes into anything and is completely odorless, tasteless and dissolves completely. :)

bmw29
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Wait....I thought you were talking about poop. Was I mistaken?

elizabooks
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
to clarify im talking about everything: liquid and solid.
any clue how to increase her intake? she will only drink small glasses of straight water, as i said before. She will drink.juice (home made no extra sugar) she will drink my lime-aid, cold instead oc hot and that is just fresh lime in water, but not much as she thinks it is too bitter. we have filtered water system but it still tastes off to me. I end up boiling it yo remove the taste. . thing is only the two of us that taste this.
she eates prunes and wheat germ three days a week, so that helps with the fiber i think. bmw29 are the gummies s sugar less?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN