Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

June 26 is National Beautician's Day!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

JUNE 26, 2013 – NATIONAL BEAUTICIAN’S DAY – NATIONAL CHOCOLATE PUDDING DAY

download (1)

NATIONAL BEAUTICIAN’S DAY

Celebrated each year on June 26, it is National Beautician’s Day.  Today we want to honor and thank all of the amazing beauticians across the United States that work diligently at their jobs and make us look and feel more beautiful (and handsome).

Beauticians are more commonly referred to as cosmetologists.  Cosmetology is described as the study and application of beauty treatment.  The branches of cosmetology include hair styling, skin care, cosmetics, manicures, pedicures and electrology.

Many close relationships have been developed between a client and their beautician.  They become a confidant and at times, a very close friend.

Today, make your beautician’s day special for them.   You  can call him/her and tell them how much they are appreciated, send a card, send flowers, send a gift card or etc.   For all of you who work in any part of the cosmetology field, THANK YOU for all that you do and have a wonderful day!

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

download (2)

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE PUDDING DAY

June 26 of each year commemorates a food holiday, it is National Chocolate Pudding Day.   Chocolate pudding has been loved by children and adults for many years.  Usually eaten as a snack or dessert, chocolate pudding is also used as a filling for chocolate creme pie.

Historically, chocolate pudding is a variation of chocolate custard, using starch as a thickener instead of eggs.  The 1903 edition of Mary Harris Frazer’s Kentucky Receipt Book and the 1918 edition of Fannie Farmer’s Boston Cooking School Cook Book both have recipes for the earlier version, using both eggs and flour.

• In 1934, General Foods (Jello) introduced chocolate pudding mix as “Walter Baker’s Dessert”.
  • In 1936, it was renamed “Pickle’s Pudding”.

Today, chocolate pudding is usually made with milk and sugar, flavored with chocolate and vanilla then thickened with flour or cornstarch.  Some recipes do use eggs when making the pudding.

Chocolate pudding can be purchased ready-made and sold in grocery stores, convenience stores and gas stations.  The popular brands include Jell-O by the Kraft Foods Corporation and Snack Pack by Hunt’s.

Enjoy some delicious, creamy chocolate pudding today!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

download (2)

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE PUDDING DAY

June 26 of each year commemorates a food holiday, it is National Chocolate Pudding Day.   Chocolate pudding has been loved by children and adults for many years.  Usually eaten as a snack or dessert, chocolate pudding is also used as a filling for chocolate creme pie.

Historically, chocolate pudding is a variation of chocolate custard, using starch as a thickener instead of eggs.  The 1903 edition of Mary Harris Frazer’s Kentucky Receipt Book and the 1918 edition of Fannie Farmer’s Boston Cooking School Cook Book both have recipes for the earlier version, using both eggs and flour.

• In 1934, General Foods (Jello) introduced chocolate pudding mix as “Walter Baker’s Dessert”.
  • In 1936, it was renamed “Pickle’s Pudding”.

Today, chocolate pudding is usually made with milk and sugar, flavored with chocolate and vanilla then thickened with flour or cornstarch.  Some recipes do use eggs when making the pudding.

Chocolate pudding can be purchased ready-made and sold in grocery stores, convenience stores and gas stations.  The popular brands include Jell-O by the Kraft Foods Corporation and Snack Pack by Hunt’s.

Enjoy some delicious, creamy chocolate pudding today!

Vertical15
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know this!  Need to make some pudding to celebrate a beleated event!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Yes you do!

Quoting Vertical15:

Vertical15
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

And then I forgot!  Not time like the present!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yes you do!

Quoting Vertical15:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Oh!
Quoting Vertical15:

And then I forgot!  Not time like the present!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yes you do!

Quoting Vertical15:

Vertical15
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Finally had my chocolate pudding today!  LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN