Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Please Help! Child with Central Sleep Apnea

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 1 Replies

My 3 year old DD was diagnosed last year around this time with very severe obstructive sleep apnea. She quickly went to surgery to have her tonsils and adenoids out in hopes of curing it. After a few months of healing she went back in for a repeat sleep study to make sure that the surgery had worked. I knew she was no longer snoring or choking in her sleep so I was surprised when we got the results last week. Turns out that before her surgery she actually had complex sleep apnea (both obstructive and central). The surgery cured the obstructive but now that the obstructive was gone they were able to see that she has Central. Her ENT was very taken aback by the results and visibly showed his concern. She is now being referred over to a neurologist so we can work on pinpointing why it is happening. Meanwhile I can't keep off of google (I know that's the worst thing to do)  trying to get answers myself and I'm realizing that some pretty serious conditions could be the cause of it. I have myself so stressed out. So I was wondering if anyone has any insight for me? Thanks so much!

Caitlyn

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cafay
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I don't have any idea. I'm sorry I can't be of any help. I din't even know there were different kinds. But I would be just like you-googleing it all over the place. As terrifying as it can be-try to think of it as education so you can make the best decsion you can with all your new found knowledge.Please keep us up to date and let us know how you all are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)