Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What is your response when your child says.....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

You don't love me anymore?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Mommy may have bad days but no matter what I love you from your tippy toes to the top of your head and everything in between!

inmybizz
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

IDK..Mine has never said that or anything regarding my love for her.

cafay
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting MixedCooke:Awww. I like this one! I have been hearing this quite often lately-he does it when hes not getting his way about something. He knows it hurts my feelings so he uses it as a tool. I have been trying to find something to say to him in return besides how silly that comment is. This is simple and sweet,don't know why I didn't think of it myself! Thank-you!

Mommy may have bad days but no matter what I love you from your tippy toes to the top of your head and everything in between!

cafay
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Quoting inmybizz: Aww. My son is in  this new stage right now and I'm not liking it!

IDK..Mine has never said that or anything regarding my love for her.

stayathome510
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I like this, too!  My little boy has said this occasionally when I put him in time out or tell him "no" when he wants something he can't have.  ....this is a great saying and then have to remember that it is because we love and care about them that we are taking the time to discipline.....

Quoting cafay:

Quoting MixedCooke:Awww. I like this one! I have been hearing this quite often lately-he does it when hes not getting his way about something. He knows it hurts my feelings so he uses it as a tool. I have been trying to find something to say to him in return besides how silly that comment is. This is simple and sweet,don't know why I didn't think of it myself! Thank-you!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I wouldn't make you follow the rules if I didn't love you.

cafay
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting stayathome510: That's when Luke says it. And when I try to explain he just gets madder! And rather than fight with him more, I wanted something to say that would make us both feel good!

I like this, too!  My little boy has said this occasionally when I put him in time out or tell him "no" when he wants something he can't have.  ....this is a great saying and then have to remember that it is because we love and care about them that we are taking the time to discipline.....

Quoting cafay:

cafay
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TigerofMu: I do say this. In longer form. But it only makes my little guy madder. I wanted to soften him up a bit!

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

usually?   "oh, o.k. then."  sometimes? "wow, that really hurt my heart.  i would never say that to you."  they will stop with minimal response.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TigerofMu:

this or something along the lines of....... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN