Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

kp

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
My son has KP. Does anyone else child has this? What works to clear it up? Nothing the doctor recommended has helped.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM

What is KP to start with?  I wonder if holistic treatments may help.

liss05
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Keratosis Pilaris Treatments

This dermatologist recommended dry skin remedy helps control Keratosis Pilaris (a common skin disorder typified by "chicken skin" or bumpiness on the surface of the skin) and other dry skin concerns by incorporating medically proven ingredients to hydrate and maintain healthy skin. Potent levels of glycolic acid blended with urea (the dermatologist recommended humectant) soften and smooth away even the driest, roughest skin. (See also: KP Double Duty Dual Pack)
As seen in: Health Magazine -- Allure Magazine -- People and Style Watch -- "KP Double Duty" As seen in: Lucky Magazine and Oprah

A safe, effective body wash and lotion to help treat red bumps on arms and legs due to keratosis pilaris. "Free yourself of those unsightly red bumps on your arms and legs." -- Skin care kit includes Glytone's Exfoliating Body Wash (6.7oz), Body Lotion (8.oz) and exfoliating puff.

This light, extra-strength, multi-purpose lotion is designed to help correct the visible signs of photo-aging, even and brighten skin tone, relieve dry skin and improve overall texture on the face and body. Intended for experienced AHA users with normal to oily, non-sensitive skin. May be used to prepare the skin prior to facial peels.

For Keratosis Pilaris, Dermatologists recommend chemical exfoliants that are found in alpha hydroxy moisturizers, such as Eucerin’s Plus Intensive Repair Creme, rather than physical exfoliants, such as a loofah sponge, which can be too abrasive on the skin.
Article: Say Goodbye To Bumpy Skin -- As seen in: Glamour

Those of us with skin that gives us severe problems sometimes (or all of the time) could spend our lives dreaming of a beautiful, clear, trouble free epidermis. We try many beauty creams and pharmaceuticals, you name it, we've used it, but still our bothersome skin won't behave...... (See also: Buffy Body Butter)

Powerful and clarifying, this formula stimulates cellular turnover, calms redness and irritation and sweeps away blockage.  -- Dr. Brandt recommends this product to treat keratosis pilaris: "excellent results are achieved when used twice daily to treat keratosis pilaris, the hard, red bumps that commonly appear on the upper arms, thighs and face."

A scrub-brush clean without the brush. Any soap can wash dirt and oil, but Body Bar does much more. It exfoliates the skin to prevent body acne on the back, bumps on upper arms etc. Alpha hydroxys reveal fresher, smoother skin. Leaves an energizing good-to-be-alive scent on skin -- that's never overbearing. Large, long-lasting bar that will not soften up in the shower.

liss05
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM

It's a pain to deal with nothing that the dermatologist gave me(quite a few years ago) worked for me "Kiss My Face" Olive lotion seems to help and also using a gritty scrub and just keeping in moisterized.Sorry for not having a cure all on it. :)

mama-ellie
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I had this when I was a kid and I've mostly grown out of it. In the winter it tends to come back a bit. My boys both have it too. I have been using coconut oil directly after shower or in the bath and so far it works the best. With my boys I've noticed its worse when they eat dairy too, which to me says they might have an intolerance. I've heard dry skin brushing works too but haven't tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

The only KP I'm familiar with is the Kitchen Duty Kind!  Thank you for sharing the information about it. 

jhelmke
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Thanks for the information. We have tried so many things and stuff just doesn't help.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TigerofMu:

The only KP I'm familiar with is the Kitchen Duty Kind!  Thank you for sharing the information about it. 

that was my thought too..... 

best of luck for the OP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN