Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

6yr old molars! Kinda long sry

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son who just turned 6 on the 21st started complaining about his cheek hurting but i assumed blister because i saw nothing out of the ordinary. Saturday he complained a lil but seemed fine then saturday night he was crying nonstop saying his cheek hurt. I looked again saw just a lil redness with a lil swelling. I had figured he was doing one of his ticks again by maybe chewing his cheek. We had just been to the dr thursday n thats what she said. So i gave him tylenol n the pain went away. Ive never seen him in so much pain. Today he complAined of a lil discomfort so i gave him tylenol n took a look in his mouth. And there i saw on his upper back gums 2 points of his molars coming out. His bottom had already come out n didnt cause as much pain as the top. Well not much at all, he sees a dentist every 6months and has great teeth as his dentist says lol. But one side that he complains about is a lil red around it but hes told me it doesnt hurt n hes fine. Ive had him rinsing with warm salt water n ran out of tylenol so will give him ibuprofen before bed. Any other things i can do to help him? Or any signs i should take him to dr?please no negativity on my grammer im on an iphone with nails :) only helpful comments please and thanks in advance!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nicole4ray
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
My daughter is also 6 and has been getting the same molars. I bought her an Amber teething necklace and she said it worked great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hmm I do not know.  I would probably just call the dentist for their opinion on it just to be extra sure.

DomsMom8207
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Thank you! I will get him one today. Where did u get yours?

Quoting nicole4ray:

My daughter is also 6 and has been getting the same molars. I bought her an Amber teething necklace and she said it worked great!
DomsMom8207
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Will do thank u!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmm I do not know.  I would probably just call the dentist for their opinion on it just to be extra sure.

nicole4ray
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I bought it at a local shop that sells a lot of natural parenting things. You can order them online though. one web site a lot of people recommend is inspired by finn. Good luck!

Quoting DomsMom8207:

Thank you! I will get him one today. Where did u get yours?

Quoting nicole4ray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I think ibuprofen works longer and better than tylenol. The salt water rinse certainly won't hurt bim, either.Can't think of anything else short of a prescription pain med.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)