Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Mobile Photo

My DD has just been to the doctors and he give me her weight chart print out
And at the grand old age of 3and a half is very slowly growing
He said he would up her Growth hormones to see if this will help
Her adult hight could be 4ft10 if she grows the way shes going
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

She is growing! 

SarahSuzyQ
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM

One of my closest friends is 31 years old and 4'10" tall. She's certainly one of the shorter people I know, but it really hasn't affected her lifestyle nor does she appear to be "abnormal"... Just small. Most people wouldn't necessarily guess that she's under 5', honestly -- I think that sounds smaller than it actually is.

Sounds like you have worked a lot with your doctor on what is appropriate for her growth deficiencies, so I won't comment on that at all... I more just wanted you to know that if she does grow to 4'10", she will be fine, just petite!

madhouseof5
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I just love that shes tich
I have had real problems with my hight
I always wished I was small and petite lol

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

One of my closest friends is 31 years old and 4'10" tall. She's certainly one of the shorter people I know, but it really hasn't affected her lifestyle nor does she appear to be "abnormal"... Just small. Most people wouldn't necessarily guess that she's under 5', honestly -- I think that sounds smaller than it actually is.

Sounds like you have worked a lot with your doctor on what is appropriate for her growth deficiencies, so I won't comment on that at all... I more just wanted you to know that if she does grow to 4'10", she will be fine, just petite!

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Having had growth hormone deficiency myself, along with several other family members, I understand it can be a bit of a handicap at times. Most of us were untreated because what was used at the time was human derived, and caused many cases of Creutzfeld-Jacob's disease (human equivalent of Mad Cow) down the road. My son stopped growing between ages 4-5. It was determined that he needed to be treated; he not only would not have gained nor height, but would not have gone through puberty or any other normal development. The growth hormone is now synthetic, removing risk of disease. In addition, I also have a type of dwarfism called hypochondroplasia; my arms & legs are disproportionately short, my hands & feet very small. I have to climb to reach most things, which is not necessarily safe!
squeekers
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I dont hold too much stock in those things. my child chart said I was to be 5'2", and I'm 5' 10".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN