Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Randomly Posting in October!

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 64 Replies

Welcome to October!  What's on tap for you this month?  Becca's 13th birthday is this Friday (October 4th), mine is the 16th, and Hannah's the 29th.  We have a big party coming up at the Haven, and lots of busy days planned!

Come check out , , and

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Check out what finally came in the mail!  I thought preordering a book made sure that you got it on the release day, but this arrived a week after...

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend posted this on her facebook today, and it was so hilarious that I had to share!

I'm looking at jobs on indeed.com when I find a opening for a sonographer and I say, "oo, I wanna be a sonographer." Then R* says, "What's a sonographer?" And I say, "It's where you take pictures of babies when they're still in there mama's bellies." And she says, "Ew..." And I ask, "You wouldn't wanna see babies when they're in their mama's bellies?" And she says, "No, cause then they'll be all naked." 

batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy birthday!! What a fun month for your family
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Thanks!  I think it will be :).

Quoting batjmom:

Happy birthday!! What a fun month for your family

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much lately!  Things got really busy!  We lost power for awhile on Friday and had a bunch of stranded travelers.  The highway out of town toward Gillette was closed till Sunday afternoon! 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Monday was a really crappy day.  My Brother in Law called me that morning and said that someone had told him there was a cat in the highway in front of our house.  He was hoping it wasn't ours, but figured he'd better call and let me know.  I knew as soon as I got out the front gate, because I could see my furry little buddy laying in the middle of the road.  He hadn't been there long, because the girls had been loving on him before breakfast.  I carried him over to the garden and buried him next to LaLa and Snickelfritz and down the row from his Daddy, Lancelot.  Lancelot and Sammy were both lost to cars, along with 3 of our friends up the street's cats.  The girls and I gave him a moment of silence and they colored a card to bury with him.  I wrapped him in my lace curtains and we buried his pretty pink teacup with him.  That was a tough one.  My dad said it doesn't matter how long an animal has been a part of your life, whether it has been many years or a short time, he becomes a part of your heart, and it hurts when you lose that friend.

squeekers
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM

OK, as a truly random posting, I found this and wonder what others think?:

While slathering on the mayo can smother some live lice, it can’t kill eggs, says Laurie Steelsmith, MD, medical director of Steelsmith Natural Health Center in Honolulu and co-author of Natural Choices for Women’s Health. Plus, the condiment turns rancid fairly quickly—and is guaranteed to make a big mess. A more effective (and pleasant) DIY treatment: oil and vinegar. “Apply ample amounts of olive oil to the scalp, leave on for three hours, wash out and then apply straight, white-distilled vinegar, which can break down egg casings and remove them from the hair shaft,” says Dr. Steelsmith. Repeat the process for two to three days to kick those creepy-crawlies to the curb. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Mayo is nasty.  I had heard of this, but I have a friend who swears by olive oil when her kids have run into lice at school.  They leave it in overnight, covered by a shower cap, and comb it out with vinegar in the morning.

Quoting squeekers:

OK, as a truly random posting, I found this and wonder what others think?:

While slathering on the mayo can smother some live lice, it can’t kill eggs, says Laurie Steelsmith, MD, medical director of Steelsmith Natural Health Center in Honolulu and co-author of Natural Choices for Women’s Health. Plus, the condiment turns rancid fairly quickly—and is guaranteed to make a big mess. A more effective (and pleasant) DIY treatment: oil and vinegar. “Apply ample amounts of olive oil to the scalp, leave on for three hours, wash out and then apply straight, white-distilled vinegar, which can break down egg casings and remove them from the hair shaft,” says Dr. Steelsmith. Repeat the process for two to three days to kick those creepy-crawlies to the curb. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I just read this absolutely amazing book!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)