Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

High fat diet, please help.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have a high/special needs daughter. She has always needed extra calories and small frequent feedings.. She is two years old and weighs 22 pounds.. She is 34 inches tall I believe. I am struggling with balancing healthy and fattening. Is it even possible?! Today at wic I was told to add olive oil and butter to EVERYTHING.. How is that healthy? Ok I could do it a bit but I'm trying to fatten her up not clog her arteries. I was wondering if you ladies could help give me some advice and or recipes. My daughter is a picky eater and only eats in small amounts.. So I try to freeze most of what I make for her so it doesn't waste..

Today I mixed frozen yogurt, bananas, and peanut butter she had a few bites but wasn't interested in it.. I am thinking about making peanut butter banana cupcakes but that's not very healthy...
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSwan001
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Bump
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM

avacado

fish

peanut butter

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM

full fat yogurt

full fat cottage cheese

full fat milk

full fat string cheese

You could mix cream cheese into some things.

MamaSwan001
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I've tried most of that.. Thank you.. I just mix peanutbutter and cream cheese with a little powder sugar to make icing for fresh banana cupcakes.. She hates cheese but maybe she will like cottage cheese

Quoting TigerofMu:

full fat yogurt

full fat cottage cheese

full fat milk

full fat string cheese

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I didn't use to like it, but you can also add a lot of things to it, like fruit, salt and pepper, etc. There's also ricotta, which is almost like an ice cream and you can add vanilla and sugar to it as well.
Quoting MamaSwan001:

I've tried most of that.. Thank you.. I just mix peanutbutter and cream cheese with a little powder sugar to make icing for fresh banana cupcakes.. She hates cheese but maybe she will like cottage cheese

Quoting TigerofMu:

full fat yogurt

full fat cottage cheese

full fat milk

full fat string cheese

MamaSwan001
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like cottage but I do like ricotta I will have to try and make them sweeter she defiantly has a sweet tooth like me.. Thanks for the ideas.. I've tried milk and avocado and she hates them. No matter what I do to them

Quoting TigerofMu:

I didn't use to like it, but you can also add a lot of things to it, like fruit, salt and pepper, etc.

There's also ricotta, which is almost like an ice cream and you can add vanilla and sugar to it as well.

Quoting MamaSwan001:

Quoting TigerofMu:

full fat yogurt

full fat cottage cheese

full fat milk

full fat string cheese

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Glad we were able to come up with something new to try at least. I will keep thinking about it!
Quoting MamaSwan001:

I don't like cottage but I do like ricotta I will have to try and make them sweeter she defiantly has a sweet tooth like me.. Thanks for the ideas.. I've tried milk and avocado and she hates them. No matter what I do to them

Quoting TigerofMu:

I didn't use to like it, but you can also add a lot of things to it, like fruit, salt and pepper, etc.

There's also ricotta, which is almost like an ice cream and you can add vanilla and sugar to it as well.

Quoting MamaSwan001:

Quoting TigerofMu:

full fat yogurt

full fat cottage cheese

full fat milk

full fat string cheese

HairClipQueen
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

*nuts, cook with flax seed oil, peanut butter, almond butter. gold fish crackers sauted in butter.  If you google or look in cafe mom at Failure to thrive food or cystic fibrosis food you can get alot of ideas.  I just got my little one to like red peppers dipped in humus and I've been trying forever for her to like it.  Also, mashed up avocados, with a bit of garlic salt, and lime and i give her a chip (whole wheat tortilla chips) for her to dip and she asks for this often.  Also, salads.  I put all the  ingredients out in bowls and she just puts what she likes.  I always have chopped chicken and  cheese grated or bacon for toppings.. i always also add a little walnuts or pecans then she can choose her dressing.  

ScrChk23
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Did WIC say if it was healthy fats or just fats in general?

AimeeE
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Would she eat scrambled egg yolks?  Maybe she would like soft cheese made from cashews ( you can make it really easily). Maybe Use salmon and panko bread crumbs to make some sort of nugget. Maybe it would be good dipped in cashew cheese? I've never tried it....but, it sounds good to me. :) Olive topinadespread on toast or in a sandwich. Almond butter and banana sandwich. Avocado smoothie. Sounds weird.....but this thai restaurant I goes to makes them and they're amazing! Have you tried making your own peanut butter? It's really easy. I use peanuts, a tiny bit of sea salt & a bit of raw local honey. It's super cheep and way better for you than store bought pb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)