Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How to help kids be well?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have a 7y,5,y and 9 month old kids. I am up to my knees in tissues. I don't know how to keep them well. I feel so bad for my 9 month old cause he isn't recovering from 1 and gets another. They wash their hands, their diets aren't great cause 1 is a picky eater the other is fine. I don't know what to do to get them so they have few or would be nice no colds. Any suggestions on getting them well?

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Lots of vitamin C rich foods.  Zinc also helps.   My dd is a picky eater but rarely sick.  At 9 months old you can try giving him baby whole milk yogurt as a treat and the good bacterias will help balance his tummy health.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Are they washing their hands/sanitizing at school also?  Make sure they get plenty of fresh air, even if they have to bundle up.  Lots of vitamin c and zinc rich veggies and fruits, and maybe try a supplement.   Vitamin C, Zinc lozenges, maybe even Airborne.  Have you had them screened for allergies?  Sometimes allergies can complicate things.

ascmyworld
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

my 5 year old we asked to be tested for mold. She said she wasn't but showed she had allergies.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Finding an answer to those might be a key for her.  Also, I've read that a teaspoonful of local honey a day can help fight allergies and raise immunity.

Quoting ascmyworld:

my 5 year old we asked to be tested for mold. She said she wasn't but showed she had allergies.

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was the same way. We often wondered if he had allergies. He kept getting colds and then  they would turn into sinus infections. So, last year, his ped put him on Zyrtec and Flonase. He hasn't had a sinus infection since and does not get near as many colds. He is now 9 years old, but I am not sure if he has just built up his immune system, or if the allergy meds are doing the job. He still gets a cold every now and then, but not nearly as often and when he does get one, it is not nearly as bad as they used to be.

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Lots of fruit and veggies, also lots of fresh air, they can go outside even in cold weather. 

TiffanyD78
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My family drinks Moringa Oleifera (from Zija). We have been drinking it for 2 years. It is so rich in nutrients since it's the most nutrient plant ever discovered. My kids are so picky with veggies that they get more nutrition in one day from Zija than they would a whole week of eating veggies. We were at the Drs all the time and now I'm happy to say in 2 years we haven't had to go even once! It goes to show, put the right (and best) nutrition in, your body will correct itself. If you would like more info, email me at tdlaws78@gmail.com and I would be happy to share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)