Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Could this?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

First a little back story. My husband and I got custody of my now 8 month old nephew 3 months ago, his adoption went through  2-3 weeks ago. He has a lot of medical/physically issues. He cannot hold his head up, roll, sit, and he is really floppy due to very low muscle control. He was physically abused by my sister's husband (he is not the father) and because of the abuse he sustained a major head injury. For the last week he has been fighting off a cold and had an ear infection. Then last night he  woke up literally screaming and it has took us a good 4 hours to really calm him down.  During this time , twice he would be screaming and then all of a sudden he would just stop and then get really rigid and get a blank look on his face after a few seconds  he would relax and just lay there and stare for a few minutes and then go right back to screaming. He has never done that before.  Could have had a couple of  seizures?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Yes.  I would absolutely say that those could have been seizures.  I would take him to the doctor immediately and let him know what is going on.  I would also begin to keep an observational journal on everything going on with him.  When he is able to do certain activities, anytime he is sick, especially things like this, even what he eats and when.  There may be some clues in there that over time will help you find answers and help him.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Congratulations!  You should definitely have your son checked by a doctor.

ScrChk23
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would agree with possible seizures.  Call the doctor.

aprilavenmarg
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM
How is he doing?
waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

He is doing pretty good. He has been diagnosed with Petit mal seizures and is on medication. It seems to be helping, he isn't having nearly as many as he was having.

Quoting aprilavenmarg: How is he doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)