Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Happy New Year and Let's Ring it in With Randomness in January 2014!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM
  • 28 Replies

Welcome to 2014!

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy New Year!!
ScrChk23
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy New Year everyone!!!

ScrChk23

We have a major flu problem going around work right now.

ScrChk23

Anyone else having sickness issues?

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Yes my oldest one Asma and my baby a cold as of Dec 30 2013 but we go back Friday morning.

Quoting ScrChk23:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I hope you all feel better soon!

feel better

Quoting auntangelofsix: Yes my oldest one Asma and my baby a cold as of Dec 30 2013 but we go back Friday morning.

Quoting ScrChk23:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Yuck!

ninja(Ninja White Blood Cells)

Quoting ScrChk23:

We have a major flu problem going around work right now.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:53 AM

I have a couple of sick kids.

Quoting ScrChk23:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:02 PM

It has been a very strange and sad week.  A man in our community died last week, and Monday his sister-in-law called to ask if my husband would do the funeral, which he agreed to.  They are going to cremate him, but because she and her husband are both unemployed, the mortuary wants full payment before peforming the cremation, so he's sitting in a refrigerator unit or whatever they use right now.  The funeral was set for Saturday, and we spent the week preparing music, programs, etc.  Friday night I emailed her because there was a big storm and all the roads were closed.  Saturday morning I got an email from her that her husband had been lifeflighted to Casper, and they were stranded (because the roads were closed).  We called them, and they'd made it home, but he has swine flu and the A strain of the regular flu virus, so they weren't going to come to the funeral.  But they wanted us to go ahead and hold it.  So, after some consultation, we agreed to, but when we went over to open up the church we got stuck.  And ultimately, after conferencing with them, we all agreed that it was not the best day and time to hold it.  But when we asked if they wanted to reschedule, the husband (the guy's brother) said not to bother with it.  How do you respond to that?  This morning we got the news that she had killed herself yesterday.  This is such a depressing situation, and I really hurt for her 15 year old daughter and 5 year old grandson that she's been raising.  Please keep our community, this family, and our family in your prayers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)