Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Hi, Im new to this Group and I could really use some Help ASAP please

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, my daughter has been having these crazy hallucinations all day. She saw an ant a couple days ago..( summer coming and all) well now she refuses to touch the floor, wont go potty in the bathroom, wont even step in the bathroom and has been only standing on the couch all day.. when I try to put her on the floor its a temper tantrum.. not one a typical 2 yr old throws.. the kind that scares me is something wrong. She doesn't have a temperature .. She is hallucinating, its scaring me and I don't know what to do. She has never acted like this before.. I ask her if she wants to play with even her favorite toys and she doesn't want to we tried almost everything to just let her forget it and go on with her day.. but as the night progresses its getting so much worse.. I checked the house up and down.. and no ANTS. Please ladies have you ever heard of this.. I googled it but

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I've not heard of this, but it's not unusual for a child of her age to let her fears take control.  I think you may have to just force her to get down on the floor so she can see for herself that it's safe.  If it continues though, talk to her doctor about it.

ScrChk23
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I am not sure.  Has she said anything about what the ants do to her?  Have her go on an "ant hunt" with the "super special potion".  Give her a bottle of water and tell her it is the potion.  She is to squirt it on any ants.

ScrChk23
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Welcome to the group!

graciesmom914
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM

thanks and maybe I'll try that

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM

This is a new one for me, but I like the idea of "hunting" the ants, letting her take control of her fear.  Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)