Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

2 weeks sick and 11 months old

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 2 Replies
My son is almost a year and has been sick for the last 2 weeks straight. It started with a lot of vomiting on Sunday and continued through the week with mild vomiting and diarrhea. The vomiting stopped last Saturday, but the diarrhea has continued and gotten worse. He's waking up a lot at night from the diarrhea and gas. Last night he threw up again. We went to the doctor Tuesday and he said it was a virus, but wanted to get a stool sample. My parents say its normal for kids to do this. I've worked with kids for a long time and never seen this. We're going back to the doctor tomorrow, but I'm wondering if I should do more.
He also losing/ not gaining weight, he's only gained 1 pound in the last 3 months. He's gone from the 80th percentile at birth, to the 50th at 9 months, to below the 5th now. He's also never had a reaction to food or medicine.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It's very possible that it's a virus, but it sure is a nasty one, and I would definitely take him back to the doctor and ask if there is anything that you could do.

Lizzy0022
by New Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM
After almost 4 weeks he's all better :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)