Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would love to learn sign !

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 307 Total Views

Hi my name is Elaine and i used to have a neighbor who was deaf, she was teaching me sign and then she had to move, i do remember how to count up to 10, know most of the alphabet, and some signs for words but i never got off the ground to learn it fluently.

Yes it is taught up to the local collage but $ is a real problem . Ive tried videos and such and i find the 1 on 1 approach works for me .

it is just something that i would like to know , thank you , also i love to cook , am a grandmother of 1 , mother of 2 boys ( now grown ) and love to collect dolls, crotche, and read murder mysteries ! also husband and i are fishing fools ! WE love to fish ! thank you for letting me join group .

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Promised2One
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM

it really is not that hard. both of my grandparents are deaf and i kearned from a baby on.

mstricey
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Thank you for joining us. I apologize that the group is taking a while to get up and running. I have been working overtime and have not really had time to add anything. That should change by next week. While you are here get to know some of the members and feel free to ask any questions.

Also I would recommend that you try http://aslpro.com/ when you are unable to video chat with someone here. They will show you the exact signs to words and some phrases

Haylee1113
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I am willing to teach you sign language I am on my 3rd year of it. I am going to school to become a sign language interpreter. I have a 4 month old and I sign with him but he is too little to control his hands well yet.

catwalksymphony
by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Yea I am definitely willing and available to help you learn to sign if you are still interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)