Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby christopher(EDITED) UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 400 Total Views

hey ladies my name is elizabeth my son will have had cancer (rahbdomyosarcoma) stage 4 for 1 1/2 years he was doing well until we returned from his wish to disney he got a staff infection in his port so they are removing it and puttin in a pick line tomorrow and are doing a biopsy on tuesday cuz the tumer might have returned im soo at lost for word my son is my life i live and breath him im going insane im soo scared i cant help but think about losing ppl say that im think nnegetive but when youve seen so many children lose there life due to this coward (cancer) makes you wonder,what make my child so diffrent then the thousands of kids that lose there life ...smh i dont know what to think plz ladies i can use all the prayers you gals can             CHRISTOPHERS SCANS AND BIOPSY ARE ALL NEGITIVE HES OFFICIALLY IN REMISSION THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL YA PRAYER AND SUPPORT A MERRY CHRISTMAS IT WILL DEFINITLY BE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE MOMMYS WAITING FOR THAT MIRACLE BE STRONG CUZ GOD IS GOOD

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM

chris in florida just last week

chris 2night

plz ladies i need some thought am i losing it?

by New Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

BUMP LADIES !!!!!!!!

by Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM

My prayers are deffinately with you.  My little cancer patient is named Elizabeth, too, so you will hold a special place in my heart!  I know all about the dark fears that are always with you, in the back ground, daring you to stare them in the face and dispare.  People who say you are just negative have never had a critically ill child.  I am convinced that until you have faced what we live with you can't understand what it is like. 

I understand how you feel, but don't give up hope!  Your fears are so normal.  Some thing would be wrong if you didn't feel the way you do.  But, just because you feel this way doesn't mean your son isn't going to make it.  Your fears are grounded but they are not reality!  Search for reality!  Search for hope because there is hope.  There a people every day who beat the odds and amaze the doctors.  That is why the term "medical miracle" is in the English language. 

God is in the business of miricles!  Throw yourself in the arms of Jesus because that is the only safe place for you and for Christopher.  The Lord is the only thing that keeps me getting up, singing silly songs with my kids, and loving my husband.  If not for Jesus and knowing that He is with us I wouldn't be able to face this.  When I focus on our circumstances and my fear I fall apart.  When I focus on Jesus I am amazed to see His constant care for our family.

For Elizabeth...  Psalm 91

by New Member on Nov. 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM

We have been dealing with the same cancer for 9 months now.  She is a stage 3.  I think the best thing for you and your son right now is to go on believing that God is taking care of him.  Doctors think a lot of things, but they don't really know until they get the results back.  I will pray that the biopsy results come back negative.  It is hard to not think of bad when you are going through something so horrible.  Believe that he is stronger then this cancer and even though you get set back he is going to come back on top.  Don't give up.  Stay strong for him and he will be strong for you.  Keep your faith.  Please keep us posted on him.

by New Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Dear Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry that it's been a rough week.  Cancer hurts all the time, but I know that some days are much harder than others.

You are not loosing it, going crazy, or being negative.  Please put those thoughts out of your head if you can.  None of them are true.  It is impossible for a mom with a sick child to not be fearful.  You are afraid only because you love your little boy.  Jesus loves Christopher and you more than you can imagine.  Even when it doesn't feel like it, He is going through this with you.

Have you heard back about the biopsy? I'm praying that it came back good! 

by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hi Elizabeth, you have a beautiful little boy! I hope he is feeling a bit better now.

I get told I'm being negative too if I even REMOTELY bring up the subject of losing my son.  Thankfully, my husband and my mother know how I am feeling and do not make me feel like a crazy hopeless person (which is what I sometimes feel like). 

I pray that things will go well for your beauitful little boy.  Hang in there! You aren't alone with how you feel!!!

It's hard to think of things to come, or things not to come. 

It helps me if I just put it all in God's hands and just tell him that I know he's in control.  But I still have rough days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)