Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 month old, thumb sucking, HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 513 Total Views
I cannot figure out how to get my 6 month old to stop sucking his thumb. I have tried taking his thumb out and putting in a binki, only putting clothes on him that the hand part folds over and closes and putting socks on his hands. Nothing works. He still puts his hands in his mouth and sucks even through the fabric. Hes a premie so its important that he doesn't suck his thumb because of the germs he can get into his mouth... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
spalicousmama
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I saw this stuff at Walgreens the other day that goes on like nail polish and drys like nail polish supposed to taste terrible but be safe and won't make them sick.   I have an 8yr old who sucks his thumb so I hear ya.  He was like that as a baby no matter what I did he seemed to find his thumb and silly me I just let him and now look where I'm at.  Can't throw the thumb away.  It's hard when they are that young.  Good luck I hope you can find something that works.  I would check out your walgreens and see if they have the stuff or maybe ask the dr what they suggest

aimeegreen4ever
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Thank you so much! Everyone so far had just told me to let him suck it but I'm not going to. Its binki or nothing. Some people say its mean but I'm his mother and that's my choice as his parent. Thank you again, so much! I'll get some and ask his pedi! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)