Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Try now or wait??

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

My DH just got a raise at work, not too much of one, but enough. We are in the process of looking for a bigger place and we just got a dog last December. My family isn't very supportive of big families, they already tease me for having three kids. I've always wanted four or more, if the good Lord blesses me. The reasons for trying now would be his age, he'll be 50 in September. I don't want to wait too long after that. On the other hand we don't want to get pregnant and not be able to find a bigger place or have his raise not be enough. We're still working a budget with it, so right now we're not sure how much extra we will have a month.

I have one supportive aunt, she had seven kids. She says the Lord will provide for us, that every baby is a blessing from God and He will provide what we need. I've been praying, I just wish He'd give clear answers. Like making the condom break, lol. We're still using bc until we are totally sure of a decision.

Mary, mom of three, stepmom to four
planning a wedding
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maggiebella25
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM

No one can tell you WHAT to do. Having a baby is a loving and miraculous experience. If you and your husband love each other and want to expand your family then that's what you should do. You are doing the right thing by budgeting and sticking to money managment techniques. You can reuse items, garage sale shop, thrift store and do other things to make it work. I moved while I was pregnant and its a pain but doable. You don't know how long it will take to concieve so you could be looking at months anyway.

Do what's in your heart and don't let anyone critisize you. Good luck!

Dawnness
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I understand not waiting. I'm 33 and working on #2 (for me, #1 for hubby).

I say do what feels right in your heart. 

Maybe a compramise... You said he just got a raise...maybe wait a year with that and than see how you feel about having another.  Or look for a bigger place, but not one as expensive as you might be considering and work on a baby.

Also look at this way...do you want another baby or would you rather start saving for DH retirement (extra funds) to do more stuff together as couple when your both not strapped with work responsiblities (and parental responsiblities)?

Again, do what feels right in your heart & hubby's heart. Sounds like some thinking & planning are in order.

mlongbear
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM

We're not worried about retirement. Conceiving probably won't take that long, our DS was a "Let's see what happens" one night and youngest DD was one try. Our oldest was a BC baby. We are going to see where we are after Christmas, his niece just found out she's pregnant and she has a really hard time getting that way. I don't want to steal her thunder, she's had a lot of disappointments this past year. So we will be praying and thinking.

planning a wedding
maggiebella25
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

That is very sweet of you!

Quoting mlongbear:

We're not worried about retirement. Conceiving probably won't take that long, our DS was a "Let's see what happens" one night and youngest DD was one try. Our oldest was a BC baby. We are going to see where we are after Christmas, his niece just found out she's pregnant and she has a really hard time getting that way. I don't want to steal her thunder, she's had a lot of disappointments this past year. So we will be praying and thinking.

CafeMom Tickers
Dawnness
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM

That's wonderful of you. Congrats to the niece! Good karma coming her way. Extra preggo dust for a full term & healthy baby.

Quoting mlongbear:

Wife to Scott, Mommy to Jander, & TTC #2 
in loveboy kissing momttc

mlongbear
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM

She just got back from her ultrasound and she's 14 weeks already! So she's past the nervous stage, WHOO! She also wants us to try, she thinks it will be great for cousin's to grow up together. So looks like we are TTC!

baby dustWow, what an emotional week already!

planning a wedding
maggiebella25
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:58 PM

That is great great news! Congratulations! Baby dust!

Cousins close would be sweet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)