Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

How can I tell I am ovulating if I don't have a period?

by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
christinabri
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM

BUMP!

AmandaN1
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 8:54 PM

temps, cm, cp or opks.....

usually your cervix will be very high (you may not even be able to reach it) soft (like your lips) and open, TMI but could prob fit your first finger in the opening. Dont shove it in there lol it just would fit.  

Mucus will be like eggwhites. Clear and VERY stretchy.  Some see this just on their TP others (like me) have to check internally. See fertilityfriend.com FAQ section on checking cervix. :-) 

You may not be ovulating and thats why you arent getting your period. Unless you're BFing?? After a while the uterine lining will get too thick and will shed even without ovulating, causing a long cycle.

maggiebella25
by Group Owner on Aug. 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I am breast feeding my 11 month old. Also, I had an IUD in and didn't have a period.....

AmandaN1
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I believe the IUD is supposed to prevent you from ovulating and that could still be the reason. And bf'ing is natures birth control, also preventing you from ovulating depending on how many hours a day your LO is still eating.

maggiebella25
by Group Owner on Aug. 17, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I don't think the IUD prevents you from ovulating it thins the lining of your uterus so eggs can't implant...I think that's right.

So I am not sure. My LO is almost 11 months, I pump 3 times a day, he eats with me about 5 times. He eats a lot of food so maybe that is enough without me having to wean him! I hope so. We had sex the day before I had my IUD taken out and they said its possible to get pregnant from that but I doubt it. Since then only a few times. With no period I guess I just wait and see! Sigh!

suzzanna
by Member on Aug. 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM

BUMP!

AmandaN1
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM

hmmm well I know it sucks but sometimes waiting is the only answer (as I'm finding out now). I HATE waiting, but never-the-less its all we can do sometimes grr

Quoting maggiebella25:

I don't think the IUD prevents you from ovulating it thins the lining of your uterus so eggs can't implant...I think that's right.

So I am not sure. My LO is almost 11 months, I pump 3 times a day, he eats with me about 5 times. He eats a lot of food so maybe that is enough without me having to wean him! I hope so. We had sex the day before I had my IUD taken out and they said its possible to get pregnant from that but I doubt it. Since then only a few times. With no period I guess I just wait and see! Sigh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)