Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dancing with the starts show....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 113 Total Views

OMG I love to dance, even took lessons... and I really like to watch people dancing in these shows.. but what the hell where they thinking?!! that music is horrible!  they dance a style to ANYTHING!

Chacha danced to a hip hop type of song????  wooooww..

Salsa? and its not salsa its Mambo, danced to cumbia??? oh lord!! it is disastrous.. I flick through the channels and see a couple dancing and Im like yeah!, nice.. ufff what is that music? and keep going, cant stand to watch.. and I would love to..

Any of you girls watch this show?

Sorry, but its just annoying to me.. had to vent ;)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
luckystar8131
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I love this show.  I never did ballroom dancing but I danced for about 10 years when I was younger and I loved when we got to dance to 'modern' songs.  My favorite year was when we did a tap dance to a NKOTB song.  It was very popular and fun!  Sorry...but I like it!  LOL!

yvonne37
by owner on Mar. 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM

See thats my whole point.. I love the show but the music does not go with the dance.. and it drives me crazy! lol

JennAngelica
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I like the show too.  And I have to admit, at first it bugged me that they did ballroom dances to modern or....different songs.  But now I kind of like it.  So many people think (or used to think) of Ballroom dancing as boring adn stuffy.  But I think this show has shown people that you can do different kind of ballroom dances to any type of song -- classical, country, R&B, 50's type songs.... Ballroom dance is so much more than just strong frames, choreographed steps and pretty costumes. And can be watchned and appreciated by a variety of people and of all ages. Anyone can enjoy it and it definately isn't an ancient form of dance!  It can be very relative to this day's music and audience.  And I enjoy that the show's showing that! 

although - many of couple justdon't cut it and don't do justice to the type of step they're trying to preform.  And I've notice that some of them try to dance to the music, with throwing in some ballroom steps.  Which I don't like -- and I've noticed that the judges hate it too!

It's all in good fun though! With some people though - I'm SO surprised at how well they do and how fast they learn and improve! It's amazing!

yvonne37
by owner on Mar. 22, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I agree that you can dance ballroom to more modern music.. but I dont agree on dancing mambo to some other type of music.. there is a tempo for the steps and the couples are trying so hard to keep up and dance "to the music" but they cant perform their best.. like the last time they danced chacha to some type of hip hop music.. OMG that was disastrous.. she could not keep the timing and they only did one real chacha step.. that's ridiculous.. aren't the judges supposed to be knowladgeble of dance steps?  It's like when you take a really nice pair of jeans.. that you absolutely love and fits you great and just cut it up.   I dont know, its just my opinion.. I love to see these shows, I just mute it and watch the moves.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)