Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chitchat 7/12 - 7/17

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM
  • 83 Replies
  • 922 Total Views

Good morning ladies. I am super bummed that I was unable to join you all for yesterdays crop. The flowers and twinchies turned out super cute. Great job ladies. On the bright side though, I have use of my kitchen sink again which means I can cook and do dishes again!! ( Never thought I would be so excited about doing dishes.) Not too much going on today. Going to work on afew things and I have to make my dad a bithday card for his birthday in 3 days!! I hope it makes it to him in time. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Did anyone do anything special?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Good morning.  The weekend was rather chaotic around here.  We're puppy sitting for my DD while she and her family are in Mexico for the week.  My puppy and 2 kitties aren't too thrilled with the visitor. LOL.  Austin was home for the weekend.  But, I did manage to get a twinchie done yesterday.  Felt good to get creative.  Even if was was just a little.

I have some errands to run today.  But, I plan on getting in some creative time this afternoon.  Don't wanna totally waste this week I have off!  LOL.

Shannin ~ Glad to hear your kitchen is back in order.  Funny how you never realize how badly you need something till you just don't have it!

smurf67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Nothing happen at my house over the weekend. I took a nap and then work on doing some of the crops. My delliah flower don't want to come out right, but love doing the heart flower. Hoping to work on some scrappin this week.

Glad that your kitchen is back to normal, I know how that feels when you can't cook or do dishes.

Everyone have a good day.

mjnmkmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Monday has found me.... well not until 1 pm that is .  My hubby let me sleep in today and he watch Kenzie.  Miranda is staying at a friends house. I need to do some dishes and more laundry today.  Other than that my day is pretty much clear.   This is gross, but I am beginning to no like our dog.   She is a mixed breed, and was given to us.  She is a good dog don't get me wrong, she was house trained when we got her.  Here is the "problem"  she hates dried dog food.  Or she is just to stubborn to eat the dried dog food for us because her previous owners that is all the fed her.  Here is the big problem that has me over the edge.  She likes to hunt, bunnies, moles and such .  I don't have a problem her hunting them especially the moles.  HERE is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM.... she likes to drag dead carcasses up into the yard.  I am so grossed out.  Last night I was getting ready to let her in and I almost fell over , gagging, she smelled like something dead... I told my husband that is it... she is not allowed in the house any more.  He agreed.  She is still a good dog lol.   We are getting a puppy soon that is 3/4 mini dauch black and tan " I hope"  maybe... haven't decided.  I don't mind the puppy part, just the house training part is a pain in the butt.  If you had a choice what would you choose a boy or a girl?

Shannin: glad your sink is fixed we can have a washing dishes party lol.

Photobucket

shanninmarie
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Jamie, Me personally, I love boy dogs. They are easier to train and are a all around more mellow dogs. Females are so darn hyper. Only down side of a male is they lift their leg to pee. ugh. But I tried another female dog and I wished I would have gotten the male.

specialwingz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I've had male and female dogs.  Loved them both.  Neither was any harder than the other to train.  However, a male dog will always want to "hike" and "leave his mark" wherever other males have been.  Females don't do that.  However, a female, if not spayed, will go into heat a couple of times a year.  As far as hyperness, I haven't experienced a difference between them. 

shanninmarie
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Manda and suzette, the pattern for that tote bag is in the mail to you both today! 

smurf67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I will be watching for it and will let you know when I receive it.

mandarose
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Hey ladies, well i'm home. I have had a busy day. Got back about 3 pm and then took kels to camp at 6 pm. went to walmart to get her a few things for her bday and now am resting before i have to go get her at 9 pm. I'm tired.

Shannin, thank you so so much for the pattern. I'm sure i'm going to love it when it gets here.

shanninmarie
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM

wow, I have been working on my dads card since about 3 30 pm today and i am still not finished. This has not been a very good day at all and I am tired. So I think I am going to head to bed and finish it tomorrow so that I dont totally mess it up. I hope you all have had a wonderful day! Good night ladies.

Manda so glad that you made it home safe and sound. I really hope you like the pattern once you get it.

shanninmarie
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Good morning ladies. I finally got my dads birthday card done today. I just hope he will get it by the 15th. I think I will be working on my scraproom today. I think there is a table in there and a floor in there somewhere but its been awhile so i am not sure. When my sister moved in with me back in feb my scrap room became a storage room, scraproom, office, and my sons catch all room as my sister got his room when she moved in. For those of you that dont know, I had to kick my sister out a month ago as after 4 months of not loooking for work and always going out to parties, I had to put my foot down. So she is now back at my moms but my mom wants me to still store all her stuff here! Like I have room for it! ugh. Sorry for rambling on and on.

I hope you ladies have a fantastic day today.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)