Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some cardio exercises.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, i'm new to the group and need to loose 30 pounds.  And build up my cardio.  I'm supposed to do 10-20 minutes of cardio everyday. I have an irregular rhytham in my murmur and balance used to be a big issue with me.  It's getting better but need some simple exercises to do at home.  I am going to start goin back to the gym as well.

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so much!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lovemyhannah06
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM

i know you said you want one at home but i do curves for woman. its only 30 min 3 days a week and it works too

newjerzymom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Since you have a medical condition I would check with your doctor but I think walking would be good.  If you have verizon or comcast internet they have a bunch of free exercise programs you  can watch anytime and there are several good ones for walking

kla2008
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Thanks guys!!!  My cardiologist wants me to build up my cardio and this will help strengthen the heart and make it stronger. Just did 20 minutes of stretches and have tons of energy right now.  I just did basic leg lifts 20 on each side and rode my bike for 5 did walking in place and my balance exercises.  I have some yoga and walking videos.  What do you guys think?  I can't wait to go back to the cardiologist and show him i've lost 168-155 or less.  Just super excited to finally to be able to get up and do with my new heart medicine!!!:)  Many thanks!

vicky31mom
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Check with your doctor but I think Leslie Sansone would be great for you. hey are walking workouts and very easy, no dance moves. You get a good workout. If you have Exercise Tv on your cable you can get these for FREE. There is a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile version!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)