Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Motivation!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 1 Replies

My name is Michelle I'm a 23 year old married mom who needs to lose a good 15 pounds.  My problem areas are: my lower stomache, upper arms, thighs.  I would really like to focus on toning and firming, and would like to do it using Windsor pilates.
Does anyone else have problems getting or staying motivated? How do you get over it? I need a "Buddy" to keep me motivated, someone who can texts or facebook/myspace me daily and that I can do the same to just to help keep motivation strong. If anyone is interested let me know on here, or you can find me on myspace or facebook under Michelle Lay. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Snu
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hi, I need to lose about the same amount.. I'm 143 lbs and want to be 130 or a little less.  For me, I can GET motivation, but I have problems staying motivated.  I get really bored after a couple weeks and lose my sense of urgency about losing the weight. 

Of course, it doesn't help that when you don't have a lot to lose, you don't really look bad, so you don't feel this incredible pressure to keep at it.

I don't know much about Pilates.  I tone by using hand weights and ankle weights and doing a variety of exercises. My main problem area is my stomach.  I think once I lose the fat, some muscles will be there.

I'm sorry I don't text & don't have a facebook acct.  For what it's worth, I lost 7 lbs this past week following the Volumetrics eating plan by Barbara Rolls.  [I posted about it earlier.. I know I'm gonna annoy the hell out of everybody!]

For me, losing a good chunk the first week is the best motivator there is.  It makes me want to try even harder this week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)