Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help With Motivation

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,

Any advice for getting motivated to start an exercise routine and to stay motivated to stick with it.  I have a Wii Fit that I did regularly along with Jillian Michael's on alternating days until I got a bad cold and had to stop for a few days.  That was last winter and I never got back into it.  I also have a treadmill that I get on occasionally but can't keep it up for long.

Helpppppppppp!!  I turned 40 this past year and I feel like I'm looking every minute of that 40 years.

Best to all :-)

Melissa

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ammil87
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Hi Melissa!

I think EVERYONE in this group has hit the same rut that you're in right now, don't worry you're not alone! I can't even think about how many times I've started my preferred workout routine (P90X) and something whether it be a busy life with 2 boys ages 2 and under or getting sick has caught me up short. I've quit and I didn't look back. I've started up again I take it 1 day at a time! I don't get too frustrated if I have a day where I'm just too busy to squeeze in a proper workout and I don't pressure myself too much. When I put too much pressure on myself I get discouraged and I normally quit. When I just take it 1 day at a time I find myself looking forward to working out and preparing a healthy meal! I LOVE it when I wake up each morning and I can feel that little sore feeling in different muscles. That lets me know that it's working!

I'd like to invite you to join my free workout club. I'm a Beachbody Fitness Coach and we have  a free club. Each time you log in to workout you are automatically entered into a drawing for a prize. The prizes range from money (up to $10,000!) and electronics like Ipods, Dvd Players and Digital Cameras. I love logging in each day and thinking "I might win money for this!". Like I said, it's a totally free club but the chance that you might win a prize for logging in is just another way to stay motivated! Let me know if you're interested in joining my club and I'll send you a message with the website link!

Have a Great Day and Remember: You CAN do this! and you WILL!

~Ashley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)