Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone who uses an elyptical for an extended amount of time

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a question about the Elyptical..

I use it often, for usually about 45 minutes a day.. trying to kick start my weight loss, and I am using this because I feel I get a great full body workout and excellent cardio from it.

but i notice after im well into my time, my toes start to get numb.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I have my shoes very loose and such, and it doesnt happen on the treadmill or anything, just when i use the elyptical.. it's annoying! they go right back to normal after I get off, but I don't understand why it does that.

anyone know how to stop it, if they do start to get numb?

thanks!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rozepyle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

less time, you dont NEED 45 minutes, some things you can do to prevent the numbness, switch up the resistance, go backwards every three minutes for one minute, realllyyyy works out the back legs its a great workout these are the only things i can think of or have done 

sarahbearamommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I feel comfortable doing 45 minutes, so that's just what I do.  I have over 100lbs to lose, so it works for me.. I really am trying to get fit and in shape.. im sick of being fat!!!!!! AHHH! lol

Quoting rozepyle:

less time, you dont NEED 45 minutes, some things you can do to prevent the numbness, switch up the resistance, go backwards every three minutes for one minute, realllyyyy works out the back legs its a great workout these are the only things i can think of or have done 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

dom1724
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I think 45 min is a good start. I get numbness and it has nothing to do with your time i only do 30 and mine go numb. But going back words is good take a little numbness away. I think it has to to do with the weight. We have more weight being put on our feet so they go numb on the elliptical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)