Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at Home Mommy Trainer

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello i am a stay at home mom and I work from home as a personal trainer.  I have been CPR certiified and am certified in ACE, ISSA and Nesta.  I love my job. I live in Lincoln Nebraska and love to live in lincoln.  I have been a trainer for the last seven years and have two children.  I love to train and am training for my first half marathon.  I completed the Market to Market Relay this past october and absolutly loved it.  Running has definelty become a passion for me.  I am just letting you all know that if you would like some trainer buddy support I would be more than happy, I know how it can seem to be a stuggle some days, I am busy with my 5 year old who also has ADD and a three year old and trying to keep the house in great shape and keep my training business going so if anyone needs a friendly nudge feel free. 

butterfly on headShaunaCPT

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmommy618
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I had a baby 10 months ago and still need to lose baby weight.  I could certainly use something to kick my butt in gear.

amberbarthel
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I have had 4 kids in  5.5 years. and I really need to get back in shape. I am very depressed over my body!! i have at least 30pounds to lose and I cant find anything that works for me. I eat pretty healthy. i just dont know what to do.

Amberlove you sign

shaunaCPT
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM

What do you like to do for exercize, are their anythings that interest you or you would like to try.  How is the diet.  Iwould love to try an help you out give you a good buddy system.  Where are you located. Hope to chat soon

ShaunaCPT

kla2008
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I just can't seem to get over the 160 pound mark. I've hit a  plateau and frustrated!  Why is it you all of a sudden hit a plateau like this and it's been 3 weeks and I work out everyday  but Sat and Sunday!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  But I'm not going to give up. My ideal weight is 130 pounds by May. 

amberbarthel
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I eat very well. alot of chicken, veggies and fruit.

I run around the house all day long. i try to get on my tredmill but the kids always need something.

what do you think is the best foods to eat??? and what kind of exersize and how much should i do??

I live in minnesota

Amberlove you sign

shaunaCPT
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Definitely do Not give up,  I know what you mean I was 160 forever and then I started training for a triathlon and was doing the tri sports it did help me get into shape but the pounds really started coming of when I started training for marathons I went down 20 lbs. in a little over three months and I look better than I did in high school, I am a personal trainer and have been for 7 years but I swear I have never looked this good.  It sounds like you need to vamp the workout what have you been doing in the gym?

shaunaCPT
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I know this might be personal but what are you weighing in right now and how tall are you that can give you an accurate calorie count and a healthy one, you don't need treadmill time to lose weight is there any time during the day you can take 45, 20 or even 15 minutes for a workout, if so I can get you some good ones.

liza7997
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I could use a little help as well...I had a baby in January at 27 weeks.  I had severe pre-eclampsia so I gained a lot of weight.  I actually gained 30 pounds after he was born due to my kidneys shutting down.  I lost most of the water weight after kidneys were back and I was able to move around but my son was in the NICU so I didn't exercise and didn't eat well.  He passed away at 4 months.  That also didn't help with the diet.  I am now trying to get healthy and get back into shape so that we can try again. 

I also live in Nebraska...Omaha though.  I just joined curves but would love any pointers you could give me!  Thanks....

amberbarthel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I am between 5'5 or 5'6 i dont really know.  and i am 160lbs

what do you think i should eat and how much?? how much cardio and weights should i do??

the big problem areas i have are my arms...they are huge and my lower belly from having all my babys. is saggie and fatty

Amberlove you sign

amberbarthel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I wish you lived near me so i could have an acual ttrainer!

the trainers here are expensive and they care more about what they look like in the mirror than helping there clients

Amberlove you sign

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)