Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

veggie burger???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

Anyone know how to make these?? Thanks

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jrock75
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Morning Star has a spicy black bean burger. I just microwave it or cook it on the stove or toaster oven. Sometimes I put a slice of cheese on top with some ketchup and relish. yummy. 

"It's still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong." Laura Ingalls Wilder

tomsMom2008
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting jrock75:

Morning Star has a spicy black bean burger. I just microwave it or cook it on the stove or toaster oven. Sometimes I put a slice of cheese on top with some ketchup and relish. yummy. 

I agree that this one is YUMMY! another thing I do with these black bean burgers is make a salad and crumble it ontop...then add salsa, corn, and whatever other toppings to make a sort of Tex Mex salad. so good!

Anne518
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Garbanzo Burgers

1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained but not rinsed

1 1/3 cup rolled oats

1 cup water

1/2 small onion, minced

1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika (more to taste)

11/2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil

6 whole-wheat buns

Place beans in a food processor and run on low until beans are crumbly like ground meat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except the olive oil. Combine and let sit about 10 to 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Mixture will be rather mushy.

To shape patties, scoop generously into a 1/2 cup measure and lay out on a piece of waxed paper. It should make six large patties. Slightly pat down each patty to shape, if necessary.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Using a spatula, carefully lift patties off waxed paper onto the skillet. Cook on both sides until golden brown.

Serve on whole-wheat buns with burger condiments of your choice, such as ketchup, mustard lettuce, red onion and sliced tomatoes. Makes six burgers.

12-week Nutrition/WLC Course 

at:Daily Nutritional Tips!

GreenEyedSusan
by on Dec. 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I normally put it in the toaster oven for 10 minutes then top it with baby spinach, dressing and eat with a hamburger bun..yum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)