Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Biggest Loser Game for Wii

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

Oh man! Call me a wimp, call me whatever! I'm so sore from two days ago, it's not even funny! How are you supposed to workout like that everday?? The workout was good/easy, but it really works everything and leaves you feeling like a hot mess afterwards! I feel like I have been put through boot camp Hell! I have groceries on the floor from yesterday waiting to be put away, I had to soak in the tub hoping to relax the muscles a bit, I can't go up or down the stairs. I know when your sore the best thing to do is work the soreness out and continue working out, but it's pretty bad. : ( I really want to get on the tredmill and do my workouts but I just don't see it happening!

Im a thick girl, about 170 and the only working out I normally do is the tredmill, ab loung and leg magic. I haven't done squats and lunges and stuff since HS.

Does anyone workout to the biggest loser wii game? If so how did you feel shortly afterwards the first time you ever done it? And how am I supposed to keep at it when the soreness is so painful?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heather195
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM

WOW i didnt know that they had this!!! im going to have to get it!!

Ashncox
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM

It's not hard and it doesn't have you doing one specific thing for too long. I did the full body workout for 12 min, the cool down for 8 min (stretches) and two mountain climber challenges. It's not much, but Im thankful I was in my jeans (I had just got home and wanted to check it out) and I didn't push myself like I would have if I had prepaired myself to workout! If you get it, GOOD LUCK and let me know how you like it!

mamalinzie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I just got this yesterday, and yes, even the light total body work out was quite intense!  I have found that the best way to get over the soreness is just to keep doing it! 

Only thing is, Im a bit confused. I  did a work out today, and then I went to look at my stats for the day and it says I havent done a work out routine? What gives? Im very confused...

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Ashncox
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Im not sure myself. I have only done it Sat and a little today. I haven't got it all figured it all out yet, but If I come across what your talking about I will let you know!

blessedwahmof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I am glad you posted about this.  I saw an ad for this game on TV the other day and I was curious if it was a good workout or not.  It sounds great.  I have the Slim in 6 dvd and the first time I did that I felt the same way.  It is not real intense, but it works every muscle in your body and you can really feel it the next day.  I am glad to know the Biggest Loser game is good.  Is it expensive?

Want quick and easy meals for your family? Go to my website at www.thegourmetcupboard.com or email me at www.simplegourmetmixes.com for more information.

Want to make money while helping others make money and bring families back to the dinner table? Ask me how you can get started today for FREE!! Email me at simplegourmetmixes@gmail.com
mamalinzie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

The game is on salt at Kmart for $30 this  week.If you have the wii fit, you can use the balance board with it. But if not, the regular controllers work, too.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

rae1981
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM

What settings did you have your work out set to. I have mine set to begginers ya i know i am a wimp but this is the first time i have worked out like this ever.Try and change ur settings...Btw i love this game. its so easy and fun and so far after doing this for 2 weeks give or take i dont get bored with it.

Ashncox
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Saturday when I first brought it home, I did the quick full body workout, plus a few challenges. This morning I actually took the time to set up my profie. I started at beginer for the four week challenge. I figured I would probably die starting out any other way, since saturdays workout kicked my butt! And I want to be able to work out on my tredmill and ab lounge without being too sore from the game. I started out with the yoga this morning and I LOVE IT!  I love how you can make your own workouts and how it puts you on a schedual. What I haven't figured out was...When you do the challenges and workouts in between the days you are scheduled, does it calculate that in or do you have to put it in manually?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)