Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not going well, help!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok its been nearly a month. Christmas didn't go so well, mother nature is against me and its been raining/snowing nearly ever day so almost no walking. I have lost NO weight at all. I want to do exercise but don't know what to do and honestly I know absolutly nothing about exercise, I don't know whats cardio, whats aerobic, arobic, etc. I am very seditary so have very little muscle, going to the gym is out of the question for reasons of my location, buying any kind of pill, drink, or equipment is also impossible. Can anyone please help me develop a routine to do.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hnash74
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Taylor, I started my weight loss with Walk Away the Pounds videos, it is aerobic walking.  It gets the whole body involved.  Aerobics are cardio!! Cardio is anything that gets your heart rate up through movement, wih the exception of strength training.

PrttyMstng
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:08 AM

This is what I did - I got exercise DVD's - my favorites are Biggest Loser and Cardioke with Billy Blanks Jr (singing and dancing) - your children can get in on the action too. I also like Tao Bo for core building - it's easier to do than it sounds.

The only equipment I used was hand weights with the Biggest Loser DVD's - it's ok if you have to begin with 2 or 3 lb weights - you can build up to heavier weights as you gain muscle.

The 2 websites that helped me the most was exercisetv.tv for DVD's and sparlpeople to keep track of my nutrition and calories burned.  Sparkpeople is free.

Cardio and aerobic are the same - you do them to burn fat. To burn fat you need to increase your heart rate. You can do this by bike riding, dancing, walking, etc. - I used the DVD's for most of my cardio.

If you can't afford to purchase DVD's than check you library to see if you can check out DVD's and try them first. Exercisetv.tv and sparkpeople also have free videos that you can follow too. If you decide to purchase DVD's from exercisetv.tv than type in exercisetv couons into your browers and look for a coupon or promotion code which will also help you save some money.

keila_mb
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Quoting hnash74:

Taylor, I started my weight loss with Walk Away the Pounds videos, it is aerobic walking.  It gets the whole body involved.  Aerobics are cardio!! Cardio is anything that gets your heart rate up through movement, wih the exception of strength training.

Me too!!! I love those DVDs and I still use them especially in the winter when I can't get out of the house as much as I like. They aren't that expensive either. The one I got was about $12 at WalMart and it has a 1 mile, 2 mile (or combine them for 3 mile) walk. You can do it in your living room and you don't even need that much room. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!

Good Luck!

JEMom11612
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

My DIL swears by the Pilates dvds. After 2nd baby she lost about 40 #'s. Walked when weather was good. Taking kids out was fun for all.

gymgirl
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Go check out my FIT AND HEALTHY sight, I put a bunch od youtube videos up on cardio videos you can view and see if you like.

A.Day
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Some video stores have workout DVD for free rentals. If you have cable check out the work out channels they usually have something good on if your in a hurry. Good luck to you.

Also, if your looking for a site to count calories and keep track of your activities try caloriecount.com

I use it and I've already lost close to 15 lbs. and they have groups, tools, and excercise & nutrition tips.

Taylor82
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Thanks everyone you gave me some really great ideas!

Mommy_plus3
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Quoting PrttyMstng:

This is what I did - I got exercise DVD's - my favorites are Biggest Loser and Cardioke with Billy Blanks Jr (singing and dancing) - your children can get in on the action too. I also like Tao Bo for core building - it's easier to do than it sounds.

The only equipment I used was hand weights with the Biggest Loser DVD's - it's ok if you have to begin with 2 or 3 lb weights - you can build up to heavier weights as you gain muscle.

The 2 websites that helped me the most was exercisetv.tv for DVD's and sparlpeople to keep track of my nutrition and calories burned.  Sparkpeople is free.

Cardio and aerobic are the same - you do them to burn fat. To burn fat you need to increase your heart rate. You can do this by bike riding, dancing, walking, etc. - I used the DVD's for most of my cardio.

If you can't afford to purchase DVD's than check you library to see if you can check out DVD's and try them first. Exercisetv.tv and sparkpeople also have free videos that you can follow too. If you decide to purchase DVD's from exercisetv.tv than type in exercisetv couons into your browers and look for a coupon or promotion code which will also help you save some money.

i so am into this work out the singin n danceing i sweat my ass off n i get my heart going big time........ a must try

Taylor82
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Thanks, in Spain I doubt they sell any of these dvds but I am checking out you tube and I have found some of cardioke. Right now I am looking for walking away the pounds.

valtoppen
by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Hi Taylor,Here are some links to check out.Good luck and Happy working out. :)

fitnessmagazine.com/videos

http://www.diet.com/video/

shape.com/video

self.com/video

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)