Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes another 30 day shred post

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I did this work out last spring and gradually encorporated the other Jillian workouts, Blast Fat Boost Metabolism (you will wish you were dead after this) and No More Trouble Zones.

I have been battling a knee injury (torn meniscus).  Today I was finally able to get back to some exercise and started at level 1 of the 30 Day Shred.

I did it.  All of it.  I did have to modify anything that put impact on my leg.  No jumping jacks, no push ups (did wall push aways instead), etc.

I feel GREAT!

Please, try this video.  You can modify things until you are able.  I am nearly unable to bear weight on my left leg....and I did it.  You can too!

"Who can protest and does not is an accomplice in the act" Talmud

My disability is invisible....what's your excuse?  http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

GREAT JOB! I felt almost dead after the P90X Plyometrics video today. I've been keeping up with them fine, and never have trouble, but plyo? UGH!!

thetammy
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM

wow i have no injuries but i nearly died a quarter way through the workout. lol. congrats on doing it!

CorbinsMomma
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Yeah I have a similar problem...My miniscus is pretty much GONE completely from all the crap I did to my knee over the past few years.  Esp after I fell down the stairs in Jan.  I've modified a few things too on the DVD, level 2 you will have to modify a bit more (plank jacks, and squat thrusts I believe are the names).  I did them the normal way and screamed in pain the first try.  I was rolling on the floor in pain for a min or 2.

MrsDavid
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Quoting CorbinsMomma:

Yeah I have a similar problem...My miniscus is pretty much GONE completely from all the crap I did to my knee over the past few years.  Esp after I fell down the stairs in Jan.  I've modified a few things too on the DVD, level 2 you will have to modify a bit more (plank jacks, and squat thrusts I believe are the names).  I did them the normal way and screamed in pain the first try.  I was rolling on the floor in pain for a min or 2.

I have done all the levels.  I hate level 2...I'd rather do level 3.

And, it turns out that what my doc thought was a torn meniscus is actually a stress fracture in my tibia!  Accckkk!  I can continue to do no impact stuff though, and I will...but OUCH, know wonder it hurts so much!

"Who can protest and does not is an accomplice in the act" Talmud

My disability is invisible....what's your excuse?  http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/

CorbinsMomma
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM

With as hard as level 2 is I'm dreading moving to level 3 in 5 days.

Quoting MrsDavid:

Quoting CorbinsMomma:

I have done all the levels.  I hate level 2...I'd rather do level 3.

And, it turns out that what my doc thought was a torn meniscus is actually a stress fracture in my tibia!  Accckkk!  I can continue to do no impact stuff though, and I will...but OUCH, know wonder it hurts so much!

carpenterswife
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM

just started! love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)