Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is it wrong to be excited to have ventral (stomach) hernia surgery? I'm looking forward to using this time I am out of work (2-3 wks) to lose weight. There is always junk to eat around the accounting department. If we run out R&D tends to bake goodies and need us to try them for taste, etc. I feel that my job makes it easy to sabotage any weight loss program I try. I have had a similar surgery done twice before and did not feel like eating very much. Two bites and I was full for a few hours. Looking forward to this feeling again. Okay, it's kind of cheating but I have NO self control when it comes to fast food and chips and dip.

Yvonne

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
honeyb3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

uhmm...no? I guess not.

Maybe you should keep a low-calorie sweet (like 100 calorie packs?) in your office, so you won't be tempted to eat the higher calorie junk food when it's offered?

And don't worry about your coworkers, just tell them you are eating better for health reasons. If you say "to lose weight" I think people tend to be less supportive.

taendrewsmom2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Good advice! Thank you. I love the 100 calorie packs. Now if we could just keep one girls husband who works for Pepsi to stop bringing in the Chips (my single most addiction).

Quoting honeyb3:

uhmm...no? I guess not.

Maybe you should keep a low-calorie sweet (like 100 calorie packs?) in your office, so you won't be tempted to eat the higher calorie junk food when it's offered?

And don't worry about your coworkers, just tell them you are eating better for health reasons. If you say "to lose weight" I think people tend to be less supportive.

Yvonne

lundaylove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

instead of eating chips get wheat thins or something, they have the ones that are similar to chips. that way you can have it when they bring in the chips and you wont be as tempted.

Quoting taendrewsmom2:

Good advice! Thank you. I love the 100 calorie packs. Now if we could just keep one girls husband who works for Pepsi to stop bringing in the Chips (my single most addiction).

Quoting honeyb3:

uhmm...no? I guess not.

taendrewsmom2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Thanks both of you for the advice! I love wheat thins.

AM-BRAT
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I love the flaxseed chips they have in my bulk section, one good thing in them anyway!

QandA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM

It sounds like a good time to get yourself focused. I know the busier I am the more likely I am to be side tracked away from eating good. hope it works for you and good luck with your surgery.

2snappykids
by on May. 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM

While you are home watch the show "You are what you eat". Maybe that will give you the motivation you need to be turned off by those foods and have the will power to say no when you return to work.

taendrewsmom2
by on May. 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM

What station would that be on? I have lost about 10 lbs so far in the week I've been home from the hospital. I just don't feel hungry...I remember to eat when I get shaky. ugh.

Quoting 2snappykids:

While you are home watch the show "You are what you eat". Maybe that will give you the motivation you need to be turned off by those foods and have the will power to say no when you return to work.

Yvonne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)