Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Arkansas moms needing a buddy?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello Ladies! I'm a 32 year old mom of 3. I am just starting out on my weight loss journey. I am wanting to lose like 80 pounds. I live in Harrison, AR. Was just wondering if there was any Arkansas moms out there that might need a buddy? I think women tend to have better success rates with losing weight when they have a buddy to help keep them motivated.

Thank you for your time!

Carrie Sutton

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cricketdawn81
by Crystal on May. 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Absolutely.  I'm in Big Flat (24 miles from Marshall).  I'm Crystal btw and am working on losing 40 more lbs!!! 

carriesutton
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hi Crystal! Thanks for replying to my post! My name is Carrie & I live in Harrison.

Carrie Sutton

carriesutton
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM

What have you been doing so far to lose weight?

Carrie Sutton

cricketdawn81
by Crystal on May. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Well I setup an acct on http://www.sparkpeople.com/ and http://caloriecounter.about.com/ .  I cut out about 1000 calories a day so now I only consume between 1200 and 1500 a day but I don't freak if I go over.  I was walking 5 miles a week but when I added in the 30 Day Shred, i hurt my knees doing jumping jacks so I have been taking a break for a week and a half.  I make sure I drink at least 8 8 oz glasses of water a day usually more.  Right now I have hit a plateau thanks to my knees but am going to get back on the horse this weekend.  Not to mention I have 4 kids at home (and one that lives with my dad).  They keep me busy.  :)  

Oh and I have a FaceBook if you wanna add me.  I'm under Crystal Dawn Blair.

Quoting carriesutton:

What have you been doing so far to lose weight?

carriesutton
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Cool! Well I have 3 kiddos. They are 15, 12 & 9. My boys will be 16 & 13 this summer though. I have a Facebook account too & I will add you. I am just starting this diet thing. However I hate the word diet. Lol. I drink LOTS of water. My hubby works for a water delivery service. So we have a water cooler at the house & he keeps me well supplied with bottled water. I am starting a Zumba class next week. I've never done it before but it looks like fun. I have little will power & some times it's hard to stay motivated but I'm working on it. I thought since Zumba looked so fun I might stick with it. I'm also thinking of buying these dvds for the Flirty Girl Fitness workout. That work out looks fun & sexy to me as well. Hopefully you & I can help keep each other motivated. I look forward to talking to you more & getting to know you!

cricketdawn81
by Crystal on May. 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Sounds good to me.  I don't call it a "diet", its really a lifestyle change.  :)  My kids are Zach (13), Emily (8), Keegan (4.5), Caden (2.5), and Kameron (1) 

PTBAAMom
by on May. 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM

TO MY BFF!  GOOD LUCK!  You have always done so well at everything you do I know you will do great with this!

carriesutton
by on May. 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM

AWWW!! TY LaDonna!! You are such a sweetheart!! I actually have failed miserably in the past though on the weight loss thing though. I have no will power. LOL! Gonna try like hell though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)