Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let's be competitive!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

Really I want a weight loss online friend but I think the motivation will come from being competitive as well...I need someone a little bit more motivated than me which is about any amount of motivation because I have none when it comes to actually doing it....I'll start and 3 days in I'm toast.....I need someone to yell at me if I haven't exercised or what not.....any takers?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TabethaBeth
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

im in!!

RubysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

ok hon....ya gonna push me? I'll do the same to you but we have to stay commited not only to our selves but eachother.....I don't even have a plan in mind I think i know what exercise I'm doing but never know what to eat....its' so hard having kids and a hubby and healthy food is more expensive...actually i take that back it's only expensive cuz it ends up being extra on top of the other normal food we buy for my husband or daughter.

TabethaBeth
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:19 AM

sounds good .. i am doing the 30 day shred on day 4 .. i am also doing this 6 week challenge from another group where i am trying to do weight watchers .. i did not join weight watchers but the girls in that group are helping me with my points and it is going well so far .. i think lol ... but i need a motivation partner :)

RubysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM

i started doing exercises to the Jackie Warner videos, I love her she's a really good trainer. I'm also gonna start doing the Walk away the pounds videos....How should we do this, since it's only you and me I don't want to take up a post you know so maybe PM eachother each day or something what do ya think?

Gooberzilla
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I'm in too.  I LOVE a challenge.  What do you think the challenge should be?

stnielsen
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I can help.  I started a more serious training program on 6/1 as I want to do my first triathalon this summer.  I also use Jackie Warner's program--love her!  I have done a lot of programs, diets, etc over the years and bought her new book (as I used to love her cable show--Work Out).  Her book is called "This is Why Your Fat and How to Stay Thin Forever".  It has lots of good info about the food we eat, exercise, 30 day menu plan, various circuit training routines and tons of great recipes.  I am 43 years old, was exercising 4 times a week and not losing a pound.  On her 2 week detox eliminating sugar, caffiene and alchohol and adding 20 circuit training and weights, I lost almost 15 lbs!  I also like her  plan where you eat good for 5 days and eat cheat meal 2 days.  Anyway, if you need someone to motivate you, I'll be there...

Sara

stnielsen
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM

How about buying a new swimsuit or outfit after losing 15 lbs!

Triece1908
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

You can count me in! I am also going to pm you.

Triece

RubysMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:18 AM

my biggest hurdle is exercising, i love it once i do it ya know, but can never make myself start! Diets or specific recipes are hard for me since i have a very picky family and I don't just cook for myself i cook for whole family. My dh is picky eater and my toddler doesn't like anything of course. So basically the food part for me is trying to watch what i eat and when i eat it. I LOVE HEATHLY food too , if i could eat a salad for every meal i would its just hard too when everyone is eating other stuff.....Its not what i'm eating when i diet or eat healthy its what i can't eat that drives me crazy! So i'm gonna try the small plate diet, instead of using my standard diner plates i will only use my side plates for meals and i'm officially not drinking sodas anymore just one on the weekend its my treat when i go grocery shopping to get one from cooler at store. Lots of tea and water. Everythign in moderation i think is the way to go!

Challenge...

Maybe instead of a goal weight maybe an exercise goal like m-f for 1 month straight? OR 5 times per week something like that so we don't get deterred if we are not losing the weight but we are still doing the work!

luvbeinmomma
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I'm new to the group and so need this. Can I join?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)