Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DIET PILLS

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello I just wanted to know if any of the diet pills really work? I wanted to try one but I wasn't toos ure if I should. I was thinking about the Jillian clense pills. But I want to take energy pills or should I take something else for energy? I need some help here with energy. Instead of drinking coffee in the morning what can i take? I want to get a way from sugar. I have dieabetes in the family.

[video type="youtube" id="ICxk7dYYrOs"]

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I would just stick to dieting the right way, naturally... I think the pills might help you short term, but in the long run you will probably gain all the weight back... Its about changing your eating habits...

Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I have tried Atkins, Jenny Craig, Diet Pills, Mesotherapy Shots, Amino Acid shots, and long term nothing helped... Today I eat healthier, try to exercise4-5 times during week, and I just keep track of how many calories I have consumed... I also liked Weight Watchers...

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I've tried diet pills. Honestly, they only kind of work. I think it's more a placebo type deal. I didn't get energy from them. 

Just focus on dieting and losing weight the healthy way. Diet pills are so dangerous for you. 

Meli-Mel
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I remember being in the ER once and a young 20 something yr. old woman came in complaining of chest pain and not being able to breathe.  She was freaking out and I could hear her tell them she took 2 otc diet pills at the same time.  I'm like f-ing idiot.  They aren't all that safe to begin with and she took    2 of them to try and loose faster.  So because of her dumb ass they were working on me and had to rush to get her to calm down.  

And a neighbor of mine was taking these braziliian diet pills...OMG she lost alot of wgt. but she was slurring her words, drooling, could barely stand up so I googled them and they are illegal and have cocaine in them.  Nice....so shes skinny but a hot mess.

I would not suggest them at all.  YOu want to be "clean" so to speak not just skinny but healthy the natural way.

SCRAGIRL31
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE AND RESPONSES. I WILL TRY THE NATURAL WAY.

Nindy
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I took phentermine last spring/summer. It helped me lose 40#. I went off of them and all was going great until my husband got injured at work. I'm a stress eater so guess what happened? I've gained back about 30#. My sister lost over 50# with it and did a good job keeping the weight off.  I don't have a problem with diet pills but learning to eat correctly and exercising every day is a HUGE part of what you need to do.

Mandie2006
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I don't take anything... personally I think they screw with your metabolism. Everyone I know that has ever taken something (including me) in the past, has had issues ever since.

I used to be a big coffee drinker too.. but I cut it out. I like all the sugar and stuff in it. Drinking black coffee isn't bad for you, if you can stand it. I started drinking the Crystal Light Energy stuff... only 10 calories per drink. I know some people don't like the aspartame, but that is just what I drink.

SCRAGIRL31
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM

WHAT CAN I TAKE IN THE MORNING FOR ENERGY? THATS WHAT I NEED.

JeannetteG
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:00 AM

You can try loose leaf herbal teas.

Also about the diet pills... I tried two different kinds.  It's been 3 years so I don't remember what the first one was called.  I know they were targeting people that were obese and needed to lose SEVERAL pounds.  Let's just say I felt like I was on SPEED!!! I had a hard time sleeping and my heart would beat really fast.  So after about 2 weeks I stopped taking them. I also did not lose any weight!  The second was about a year and a half ago and it was hydroxycut.... which is now banned!  I would forget to eat because, I never felt hungry.  Then I would feel like I was about to faint!  I lost about 3 pounds by the time I finished the bottle.  So no.... I don't recommend diet pills.  I always had better results busting my behind working out and eating healthy.

Tigger0281
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I try to do herbal cleanses once a quarter just to help clear the crap out of my system in addition to eating right and trying to get back to exercising. I have heard on the radio though there is a pill out there that helps with weight loss as well as helps with joint pain and everything and is all natural. They even show you all of the ingredients. You can go to http://www.toploss.com/ to see them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)