Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you eat?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM
  • 22 Replies

For breakfast. I work full time and usually just go through hardees or mcdonalds. I am making a pact to quit eating out so i can be healthier and hopefully save money why i am at it. I weigh 184 and i am 5'4 i also have high cholesterol. So what are some quick easy breakfast that i can fix at work. We have access to a toaster, microwave, & refrigerator. Thanks in advance.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2LnJ
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I am also 184 and 5'4" but I lost 5lbs this week (I was 189). I bought The Flat Belly Diet book. It is great. For breakfast, sometimes I follow what they say, but a lot of the time I end up hungry by 10am. I usually have a whole wheat english muffin with 1tbsp of peanut butter, 4 dried prunes, an activia yogurt and water.

No matter what I eat, whether it is from the book or something I have in the house, I don't go over 400 calories. I stick to 3 meals a day, 400 calories each and  a snack, which is always a smoothie with flaxseed oil. So far it is working great.. I haven't even been working out too much, just 10-15 mins on my exercise bike and lifting weights.

I'm a strong, pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', tattoo addicted, Brett Favre & NY Mets loving SAHM of 3 yr old twin boys. *The tattoo is the mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface*

samurai_chica
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM

cereal, oatmeal, even a sandwich. I'm not a huge fan of "breakfast" food. I'll eat a quick sandwich in the morning with some high fiber bread, chicken breast & light mayo. This keeps me full for a long time. You can also buy turkey sausage, it's so much healthier thatn pork sausage. You could have some turkey sausage, toast & a piece fo fruit.

nikkib_3687
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I eat cereal, oatmeal with fruit in it, toast with peanut butter and jelly, eggs and toast... it depends on the day.

KorTai02
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Oatmeal  ,  blueberries,  greek yougrt   throw some  fruit on  tops berries...

mckomet
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I usually have left over meat (protein) from supper. 
If I am on my way to work, I grab a RTD Protein Shake. I drink the Oh Yeah ones.

The eating plan that the dr gave us has us eating at least 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up. Breakfast also has to have less than 10 grams of net carbs. 

melinda -
wife to brandon and co-sleeping, babywearing, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, non-circ'ing, no crying it out crunchy like granola momma to ehren brye [01-07-05] and freedom reilly [05-27-08]

Photography: www.mckphoto.net
Blog: www.hippie-mommy.com
Etsy: www.vintagereality.net

Dship
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:28 AM

My staple breakfast is 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese mixed with a small diced apple and sprinkled with cinnamon.  I eat it with two slices whole wheat bread.  Keeps me satisfied for the morning.  If I do end up needing a snack I go with a FiberPlus bar.  Something sweet with the benefit of high fiber.

mlrvail
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Do you have a blender.? I eat a good, pure, healthy protein shake which is my favorite breakfast.  I can add fruit in it if I'd like.  It takes about 1 min. to make and 1 min. to blend and off I go with my day!  I feel great after drinking it.  It is so satisfying.  Stay away from the fast food!!!

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Quoting mlrvail:

Do you have a blender.? I eat a good, pure, healthy protein shake which is my favorite breakfast.  I can add fruit in it if I'd like.  It takes about 1 min. to make and 1 min. to blend and off I go with my day!  I feel great after drinking it.  It is so satisfying.  Stay away from the fast food!!!

How do you make your protein shake? Does it give you energy? That is my issue- even after working out..... I feel so tired during the day at my desk job.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
heartmom84
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

carnation instant breakfast with ff milk

SoniaL
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I'm not sure what time you eat breakfast but it is best to eat every few hours. Like no more than 4 hours between eating. I usually do less than four. It keeps your metabolism fueled and keeps you from binging at your next meal or snack.

Most days for breakfast I eat cheerios (plain ones) with skim milk and a banana in it. And I have 1-2 cups of coffee.  SOmetimes I have oatmeal. Not the prepackaged kind (too much sugar). I use plain rolled oats and add water. pop in the microwave for 2 minutes. then when it comes out i add a lil brown sugar, or honey, or maple syrup and some fruit & nuts (and a bit of skim milk to loosen it up and cool it down). That is a nice filling one.

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

I am also 184 and 5'4" but I lost 5lbs this week (I was 189). I bought The Flat Belly Diet book. It is great. For breakfast, sometimes I follow what they say, but a lot of the time I end up hungry by 10am. I usually have a whole wheat english muffin with 1tbsp of peanut butter, 4 dried prunes, an activia yogurt and water.

No matter what I eat, whether it is from the book or something I have in the house, I don't go over 400 calories. I stick to 3 meals a day, 400 calories each and  a snack, which is always a smoothie with flaxseed oil. So far it is working great.. I haven't even been working out too much, just 10-15 mins on my exercise bike and lifting weights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)