Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shake Weight

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone tried the shake weight? What are your opinions on it?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoniaL
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I have not tried it but I crack up at it whenever i see it.  It looks a little too "inappropriate" in the commercials! LOL

wkv2069
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM

i have one, although i'm not very good about keeping up using it.  I think it works because you really do feel your muscles tightening after a few minutes.  I get a kick out the one made for men.....doesn't look right!lol

gymgirl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Another quick fad. I laughed when I saw the commercial.

momkaribg
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

lol

mlrvail
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Hey Mama,

These fads don't work. They may work initially.  You need to really think about changing your lifestyle when it comes to nutrition.  

QueenieAbby
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM

It's just a fad... a gimmick!  Try incorporating a good full-body workout routine with resistance or dumbbells.  If you workout at home, you may want to check out Jillian Michaels or Jari Love to get you started.  You can review their workouts on youtube.com to see where you should start. 

dumbbell

~ Abby Campbell, MOD, Healthy Weight Loss

"All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I'll reach my ultimate goal eventually."  ~Tom Venuto, Bodybuilder

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I cannot see it actually working. I have 5lb weights that I use normally and I can see a difference using them all week. yeah, the routine may be alonger than they sya you can do the Shake Weights in, but it is worth it. Plus, there are tons of different arms exercises you can do, so it doesn't get boring, which me, I think I would get bored with the Shake Weights

momkaribg
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM
I just wanted it so I would have a little something to ddo why I set at my desk for 8 hours a day I did buy it and done it a work today and my arms was burning but I do also work out when I get home I have the ea active and 30 day shred that I am doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLuvs
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM

My mom bought it for me and we havent really used it.  I too crack up on the guy's commercial.  I told my hubby she got it, he was like "why? you can practice on me!"  ----- Men!

QueenieAbby
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Well... you will expend some energy while at your desk, so it should be okay for that.  But, I'm glad you get a real workout in afterward. 

Quoting momkaribg:

I just wanted it so I would have a little something to ddo why I set at my desk for 8 hours a day I did buy it and done it a work today and my arms was burning but I do also work out when I get home I have the ea active and 30 day shred that I am doing

dumbbell

~ Abby Campbell, MOD, Healthy Weight Loss

"All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I'll reach my ultimate goal eventually."  ~Tom Venuto, Bodybuilder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)