Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi guys, i am new here, my name is Eva, i am 33 years old and have 2 kids, 2 and 4. We live in California.

I have 25 pounds to lose. The first post pregnancy weigh took 18 months to lose, this time around, a bit longer. My stress levels are at all time high and no sleeping does not help either= my DD still wakes up A LOT!

Any advice on a Yoga and Pilates DVD? I know Jillian Michaels...i can only work out when my kids nap and when they are in bed for the night, i do run 3 miles a couple of times a week (evenings if possible+time allowes), but gym is out for me as an option now as my hubby works full time, goes to night school to get his BA and i have no other help.

I am TIRED of this weight, i am. I know many of you can relate.

I had a C-section with my DD ( 2nd pregnancy). I used to get up @ 5.00 AM and ran, but that is not an option for me anymore ( hubby/ school+ no sleep on my part= exhaustion).

Regarding my diet, my problem is skipping meals or eating too little, that overeating in the evening as i am starving. You know how it is, you feed the kids and hubby first, than it is your turn. I need to eat 5-6 meals a day again + drink 65 oz of water, that worked for me the first time.

I just wanted to say HI!!!

Eva.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ChaoticAtBest
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

welcome to the group :) I am new too and I have found there are some really good posts in here.

MaiJoy
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Hi Eva,

I just joined today. You and I are in the same boat. I am trying to loose 25 lbs total. I just had my daughter back in November of 09. I had preeclampsia during my pregnancy so I went from 213 lbs to currently the 163 lbs that I am today. I am to the point where I am comfortable with my body but I would like to tone my arms and my abs.

Currently for a workout routine for the last past 4 months I have been doing the stairs in my office building, we have 20 flights. I go down all 20 and then go up anywhere between 11-13. And I try to make sure I do this Monday through Thursday and I cut down to snacking on 100 calorie snacks during the day (once a day.) It's Fridays, the weekends and when I am at home that mess up my diet and routine but I hit some kinda plateau.

Maybe since we have got the same kinda goals we can keep each other on track and share tips? What do you think?

SoniaL
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Hi there Eva! Welcome to the group! I can relate to a lot of this. I have 4 kids. My youngest is 14 months and STILL wakes at night to nurse several times. My husband works full time and is going to school to get his MBA.

I'm so glad you joined the group. There is a lot of great info and support here!

Sonia - Healthy Weight Loss Group MOD 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)