Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP..I need self control and motivation

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
I really need and want to loose weight over the years i have tried numerous diets and seem to only stick to them for a few weeks and get discouraged easy. Im not happy with the way i look and its starting to affect my attitude. I work 40+ hours a week and when i get home the last thing i wanna do is work out.....has anyone heard of Chai Seeds? Do they really work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenieAbby
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Finding some form of activity you enjoy doing when you have time to do it is important... whether it be hiking on the weekend or when you're not working... going for a swim... just something to keep you moving. 

However, your meals have a lot to do with your weight issues as well.  As a Fitness Nutrition & Personal Training Coach, I don't believe in "diets."  It's a lifestyle change.  A lifestyle change in your foods can be a task for someone who is not willing to change.  But, I bet your bottom dollar if you start working towards this change, you will drop the pounds and live a healthier lifestyle.  I would try incorporating 1-2 good habits over a few weeks while breaking 1-2 bad habits at the same time.  A couple of weeks ago, I posted some great tips on healthy eating as well as a sample meal plan.  It's here if you'd like to check it out and start incorporating some changes.

CLICK HERE

dumbbell

~ Abby Campbell, MOD, Healthy Weight Loss

"All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I'll reach my ultimate goal eventually."  ~Tom Venuto, Bodybuilder

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I haven't heard of them. What I did, was the Flat Belly Diet. It's a simple 1400 cal a day meal plan and in the first week and a half, I lost 8lbs, even without exercising, by strictly following the plan. I extended the 4 day jump start for the whole week. Eating right is the first step to weight loss, but you will also need to add some exercise. Maybe a walk on your lunch break during the day or a family walk after dinner to get moving.

rinestncwgrl7
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Thank you guys so much for the info...I do little walks at night when my son is riding his bike i just dont feel like thats good enough..

ChaoticAtBest
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Good luck momma and stay strong.

I have changed my eating habits. I buy less "junk food" and more chicken and fish. I try to keep fresh fruits and veggies for quick snacks also.

The bad thing I find with diets is they are supposed to be simple quick fixes and while they may have some results, most are not lasting results and we find we get bored quickly. If I want a snack such as a milkshake, I go ahead and drink it, I just work a little harder to counter-act it.

before I sprained my ankle, we would take a walk each evening as a family and my kids love going. We take the dogs with us so the kids don't get bored too quick.

rinestncwgrl7
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM
I just need to have more self control, and if im hungry at work i need to have good healthy food there instead of junk... Are flavored sunflower seeds an ok snack food or no cause of sodium?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticAtBest
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Sunflower seed kernels, dried

Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 2,385 kJ (570 kcal)
Carbohydrates 18.76 g
Sugars 2.62 g
Dietary fiber 10.5 g
Fat 49.57 g
saturated 5.20 g
monounsaturated 9.46 g
polyunsaturated 32.74 g
Protein 22.78 g
Thiamine (Vit. B1) 2.29 mg (176%)
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.25 mg (17%)
Niacin (Vit. B3) 4.5 mg (30%)
Pantothenic acid (B5) 6.75 mg (135%)
Vitamin B6 0.77 mg (59%)
Folate (Vit. B9) 227 μg (57%)
Vitamin C 1.4 mg (2%)
Vitamin E 34.50 mg (230%)
Calcium 116 mg (12%)
Iron 6.77 mg (54%)
Magnesium 354 mg (96%)
Manganese 2.02 mg (101%)
Phosphorus 705 mg (101%)
Potassium 689 mg (15%)
Sodium 3 mg (0%)
Zinc 5.06 mg (51%)

Percentages are relative to US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient database

ChaoticAtBest
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM

that is the information I found on sunflower seeds, I love eating them and they give me something to keep me busy for a longer period of time since I have to open the shell to get to the seed..lol

I am not sure on flavored seeds though. I would check the package and see what they say :)

It sounds like you have a good idea of what your goals are. It will just be a matter of you finding a way to accomplish them.

slynn1102
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Chai Seeds is very high in Omega 3, Great for the heart, high in fiber.   As for Chai Seed for dieting I don't know, but here are some ideas

1. Apple cider vinegar tablets,  2. Cinnamon w/ Chrominium Picolinate,  3. CLA  with Caffeine or without., a good woman's multi vitamin.

Apple cider tabs after meals, Cinnamon helps with hunger and snacking, CLA helps toning and body composition.  these things have helped me,  Don't skip meals the less you eat the harder it is to lose weight, if you have time to watch tv or listen to music at home try to exercize at the same time it is less boring that way.  look up the 3 supplements online to see how they work.

I know this was a long reply, but I work in a Vitamin store.  Rite aid online / Lindora has a free support program going on I joined myself.  Good luck!!

mlrvail
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM
I coach people and help them regain their energy, release weight, and meet their health goals. After my daughter was born I got myself in better shape then ever before through nutritional cleansing. My body fat percent dropped 3% and my lean muscle mass went up almost 3%. I am in the best shape of my life. you can contact me at mlrvail@comcast.net
Lauren
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Sunflower seeds are good.  I would stick to only a few TBS. or 1/4 cup for a snack.  You can buy them without salt.

Quoting rinestncwgrl7:

I just need to have more self control, and if im hungry at work i need to have good healthy food there instead of junk... Are flavored sunflower seeds an ok snack food or no cause of sodium?

dumbbell

~ Abby Campbell, MOD, Healthy Weight Loss

"All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I'll reach my ultimate goal eventually."  ~Tom Venuto, Bodybuilder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)