Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you like to lose and why do you want to lose weight?

by on Aug. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Replies (1361-1370):
loisl25
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Ideally, 20, but I'll settle for 10. I have ten extra baby weight pounds on me right now. Although usually I'm 130, and I keep trying to be 120, but my body doesn't like to stay that weight, so I have to work really hard not only to get there but to maintain it. Usually once I lose baby weight I don't have to work at it to stay 130, though. But, I have always had healthy habits. I don't drink soda, rarely drink caloric beverages, although I do love and occasionally indulge in Frappacinnos from Starbucks, have always been a regular exersizer and have always tried to eat healthy.

loisl25
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Wow! Congrats! 40 lbs!! Not an easy feat!

Quoting ATG499:

I would like to lose 109-114 pounds, in order to reach a healthy and happy weight of 120-125. I want to lose weight so I can have self-confidence, and so I can be healthy and in shape for my family. Being obese is a disadvantage, because I can't do much before I get exhausted. For example, my SO and I went to a local Blue Angels event this past summer. I ended up with partial heat stroke and we ended up leaving very early. Being only 19 and going through that was scary and extremely embarrassing. That's when I decided to start losing weight. So far I've lost 40lbs!

ATG499
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Definitely not! I had to have a Roux-En-Y gastric bypass to get here, though! Even with that, it's been a rough journey.

Quoting loisl25:

Wow! Congrats! 40 lbs!! Not an easy feat!

Quoting ATG499:

I would like to lose 109-114 pounds, in order to reach a healthy and happy weight of 120-125. I want to lose weight so I can have self-confidence, and so I can be healthy and in shape for my family. Being obese is a disadvantage, because I can't do much before I get exhausted. For example, my SO and I went to a local Blue Angels event this past summer. I ended up with partial heat stroke and we ended up leaving very early. Being only 19 and going through that was scary and extremely embarrassing. That's when I decided to start losing weight. So far I've lost 40lbs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavp84
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be satisfied to lose 100 lbs. However, my goal is between 110 and 115 lbs.

I won't lie, I have some vanity and want to lose the weight so I can wear cute clothes and not be embarrassed to be in public. But I also want to lose the weight because every day I carry this around it stresses my joints, my muscles, my bones, my heart, my lungs... I want to live a long life and be there for my children's first dates and proms and graduations and moving them into a college campus and  weddings and future (waaaaay in the future) grandchildren.

Wendy1R
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I want to get down to 175,  Right now I'm at 262, my reason is its become a health concern for me. But I'd also like to loose the weight I carry in my stomach, and thighs.  I don't look like I weight that much, but I get short of breath more all the time, as well as my back hurting too.  I don't want to be like this anymore, and I'm up for any ideas. 

jeaneben
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hello.  My name is Jean and I have  along way to go.   I would like to lose 80lbs It sounds like a lot and it is a lot.  Today I did my first Yoga dvd along with some ab work i found online. I really want to get back in shape.treadmill

kary1124
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM

i started at 260 nov'11 and im at about 210 right now and i want to get to 155-160 which is the ideal weight for 5'9-5'10... im 5'9.5

im doing it to get healthy and keep myself strong and to be thin for the first time in many many years! lol

youllneverknow
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I have 106lbs to lose.that number is so depressing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyrneathem
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I would love to be back to the 125 pound muscular self of 10 years ago. I gained the weight so quickly (100 pounds in 6 months. Thanks prednisone... ugh!) that I am painfully aware of the changes it made to my body. I want to be healthy again.

lashea727
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
IM 346 now and I want to lose weight. The behest thing for me is staying on track and measure foods and how much I can eat. IM on blood thinners and it's very hard to lost weight. I want a lose weight Bubby in Florida that is in Pinellas county can get together and lose right together. I want this so bad, I will keep walking about 2 times a week. Also eat healthy too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN