Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

would you like to lose and why do you want to lose weight?

by on Aug. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Replies (1361-1370):
loisl25
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Ideally, 20, but I'll settle for 10. I have ten extra baby weight pounds on me right now. Although usually I'm 130, and I keep trying to be 120, but my body doesn't like to stay that weight, so I have to work really hard not only to get there but to maintain it. Usually once I lose baby weight I don't have to work at it to stay 130, though. But, I have always had healthy habits. I don't drink soda, rarely drink caloric beverages, although I do love and occasionally indulge in Frappacinnos from Starbucks, have always been a regular exersizer and have always tried to eat healthy.

loisl25
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Wow! Congrats! 40 lbs!! Not an easy feat!

Quoting ATG499:

I would like to lose 109-114 pounds, in order to reach a healthy and happy weight of 120-125. I want to lose weight so I can have self-confidence, and so I can be healthy and in shape for my family. Being obese is a disadvantage, because I can't do much before I get exhausted. For example, my SO and I went to a local Blue Angels event this past summer. I ended up with partial heat stroke and we ended up leaving very early. Being only 19 and going through that was scary and extremely embarrassing. That's when I decided to start losing weight. So far I've lost 40lbs!

ATG499
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Definitely not! I had to have a Roux-En-Y gastric bypass to get here, though! Even with that, it's been a rough journey.

Quoting loisl25:

Wow! Congrats! 40 lbs!! Not an easy feat!

Quoting ATG499:

I would like to lose 109-114 pounds, in order to reach a healthy and happy weight of 120-125. I want to lose weight so I can have self-confidence, and so I can be healthy and in shape for my family. Being obese is a disadvantage, because I can't do much before I get exhausted. For example, my SO and I went to a local Blue Angels event this past summer. I ended up with partial heat stroke and we ended up leaving very early. Being only 19 and going through that was scary and extremely embarrassing. That's when I decided to start losing weight. So far I've lost 40lbs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavp84
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be satisfied to lose 100 lbs. However, my goal is between 110 and 115 lbs.

I won't lie, I have some vanity and want to lose the weight so I can wear cute clothes and not be embarrassed to be in public. But I also want to lose the weight because every day I carry this around it stresses my joints, my muscles, my bones, my heart, my lungs... I want to live a long life and be there for my children's first dates and proms and graduations and moving them into a college campus and  weddings and future (waaaaay in the future) grandchildren.

Wendy1R
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I want to get down to 175,  Right now I'm at 262, my reason is its become a health concern for me. But I'd also like to loose the weight I carry in my stomach, and thighs.  I don't look like I weight that much, but I get short of breath more all the time, as well as my back hurting too.  I don't want to be like this anymore, and I'm up for any ideas. 

jeaneben
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hello.  My name is Jean and I have  along way to go.   I would like to lose 80lbs It sounds like a lot and it is a lot.  Today I did my first Yoga dvd along with some ab work i found online. I really want to get back in shape.treadmill

kary1124
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM

i started at 260 nov'11 and im at about 210 right now and i want to get to 155-160 which is the ideal weight for 5'9-5'10... im 5'9.5

im doing it to get healthy and keep myself strong and to be thin for the first time in many many years! lol

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I have 106lbs to lose.that number is so depressing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyrneathem
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I would love to be back to the 125 pound muscular self of 10 years ago. I gained the weight so quickly (100 pounds in 6 months. Thanks prednisone... ugh!) that I am painfully aware of the changes it made to my body. I want to be healthy again.

lashea727
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
IM 346 now and I want to lose weight. The behest thing for me is staying on track and measure foods and how much I can eat. IM on blood thinners and it's very hard to lost weight. I want a lose weight Bubby in Florida that is in Pinellas county can get together and lose right together. I want this so bad, I will keep walking about 2 times a week. Also eat healthy too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)