Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

would you like to lose and why do you want to lose weight?

by on Aug. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jessi52489
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

2 years ago, before I made my move to ms (and back up to mn) i weighed 105. In that time frame, depression hit, got pregnant, && depression got worse. After having my son in march, i weighed in at 181. here we are 4 1/2 mos later and i'm still at 153. Im desperate to get back to 105. Please help!! 

~peace~ jessi

treadmill     coffee    

ChaoticAtBest
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jackie016:

I have around 200 pounds to lose. Trying not to look at the big amount because it becomes so overwhelming

1 step at a time momma. Just think if you lose 1 lb a week that's 52 lbs in a year! and on top of that you did it by eating healthy and exercising!

I wish you good luck on your weightloss journey :)

2Cor1314
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I desperately need to lose the extra weight because... I am in danger of being diagnosed with diabetes. I had it when I was 8 mths pregnant and now I don't but I heard I could be at risk of getting it again. If I don't lose the pounds.  Another is because I am tired of carrying so much weight and I want to put a stop to this. I want to be healthy for my kids-they will need me. I want to give them the opportunity to live a different life. I struggled with my extra weight for 20 years now. I don't want my children to go thru what I did. The humiliation. The mockery. NO. I feel better now because I am in better shape and I see it! My body has really changed with this last pregnancy. I love it! But I still need to lose weight although the inches are not the same as the pounds. It's not much I am not that bad. lol. I just need to walk and tone up. I am sure that if I am given a 6 week program I can do it. I just need support. No I need freinds, lol.  

KellyN08
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Current weight 198lbs... goal... somewhere between 135lbs and 145lbs... so at least 50lbs to go.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry your not alone I have that much to lose too!  Small steps you didn't put the weight on over night it's not going to come off over night.  Slow and steady wins the race!  We can do this!!!

Quoting Jackie016:

I have around 200 pounds to lose. Trying not to look at the big amount because it becomes so overwhelming

LBELPARIS85
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Honestly i dont care how much I weigh as long as I get rid my belly flat... I love my body except for the belly... Why cant my belly fat move up to my boobies???

stuntbaby
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I started at 184.  I'm at 140 and want to stay here.  I'm 5'7".  I have fat to loose (tummy and upper thighs), but since fat is lighter than muscle, I'll be happy to stay at 140 while building muscle and burning fat. 

Olivers_mommy
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I started at 192 after I had my daughter last summer.  I started Weight Watchers Online and lost about 17 pounds from October 6th until Thanksgiving.  I had been trying to get back on for so long.. finally 2 weeks ago I decided to make the jump.  I started at 175.5 and I'm down to 168 in two weeks!  I have mini goals set for myself.. the first goal is 160 (which I will hopefully see soon!) and the next will be 150.. and the ultimate will be 140!

I was 140 when I started dating DH.  150 when I married DH.  160 when I got pregnant with our first child.  170 when I got pregnant with our second child.  I'm done being heavy!  I'm 5'6" with a medium build.. so I hope 140 is an obtainable goal for me.. I'm not 18 anymore! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
AMom29
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM

80-100 lbs

mamakarlie
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I am around 157 , I would like to be at 140.  I am a gluten free eater and since I started my g free healthy eating (gluten intolerance)  I have dropped from 177 to 157. I am very happy with this, however 140 is right around the corner!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN